ReImagining "Once Upon A Dream" Into A Villains' Nightmare

Started by AmericanMouse, July 28, 2008, 02:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanMouse

Well, word is the "Once Upon A Dream Parade" will continue to run into 2009, and so...

How about from October 3rd until November 1st, let's do a little ReImagineering on this parade, and retrofit the Disney Villains into a scary overlay like it was done with its' predecessor, The Wonderful World of Disney Parade?  The special Halloween theme? "The Disney Villains' Once Upon a Nightmare Parade!" Let Messer. Silli compose a new theme for the parade based on all the evil from those.

First, there would be no stoppage for a show in the Villains' Nightmare Overlay nor would there be scents coming from the floats.  Second, the "Dreams of Power" float would take the second position after Mickey, Minnie, et al, joined for this layover by many of the better known characters at the front (who would be usually be at their float positions in the regular parade.)  The Power float would feature the likes of Prince John, the Sherriff of Nottingham and other lesser-known villains from Disney films (like Bowler Hat Guy.) The other floats would be "taken over" by the villainy.  For example, instead of the puppets in the back half of Alice and Pinocchio, a few henchmen will be on board.  On the Peter Pan/Mary Poppins float, Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee would be there, but the back would feature Cruella De Vil and a cronie on the carousel, covered in dalmation spots.  The last float - the two-part "Dreams of Love" - would be overtaken by Gaston, Malificent, Ursula, the Evil Queen and Jafar among others.

So, what do you think?  A great idea for Halloween 2009?

casschr05

I was (and still hoping) that DLRP changed the parade slightly for halloween and Christmas becasue (sorry to say this but...) the once upon a dream parade is getting a little boring now and seeing the same parade no matter on the season is also boring it needs to be altered slightly so I have to say I like your idea 'AmericanMouse'
...maybe remixing the parade music to make it spooky?? or is that too much to ask  :lol:

tubbsy

last Hlloween they actually ran a small Villains parade about 20 minutes before OUDP. But that was last year, so you never know.....

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

AmericanMouse

It really wasn't a Villains Parade, just the no-longer-in-the-park Pink Witches along with the Pumpkin folks and Stitch.

tubbsy

When we were there we had a few extra characters running around with sheets on/ Chip n Dale n Donald. Very half hearted tho'!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Anonymous

Hmmm, the one thing I would hate about this if ever I went at Halloween, would be no Princesses on Parade.  :cry:

tubbsy

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"Hmmm, the one thing I would hate about this if ever I went at Halloween, would be no Princesses on Parade.  :cry:

Why doesnt that surprie me? :lol:

I've only been 4 times to DLRP 3 times at Halloween n last years token parade was a bit  :( . So whaat would be your ideas? To add to OUDP or to change it completely?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

casschr05

Quote from: "tubbsy"So whaat would be your ideas? To add to OUDP or to change it completely?
I think it would cost too much for DLRP to introduce a new parade but I would certainly have pumpkin people dancing along the floats and replace the characters on the floats wit villains somehow (that is relevant to the scene) and decorate the floats with pumpkins and orange!

Maarten

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"The last float - the two-part "Dreams of Love" - would be overtaken by Gaston, Malificent, Ursula, the Evil Queen and Jafar among others.

So, what do you think?

Excellent idea! I really think your idea would work really well. However, how would you like to incoorporate Ursula on the Dreams of Love float since she is already a permanent puppet figure on the Dreams of Power float? The same can be said for Scar, which I assume you want to place on the Dreams of Adventure float?

tubbsy

Would you take out the Dreams of Power float and put the villains into the relevant floats?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

AmericanMouse

Answering your questions:

• The "Dreams of Power" Float would follow the opening float with Mickey and Minnie, etc., along with other characters (Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, et al) in this parade.  Because of logistics, the Ursula puppet would stay there, as would the Scar puppet on the Dreams of Adventure float.  However, lesser villains like Judge Frollo, Gantu, the Bowler Hat Guy and Governor Radcliffe would be on the Power float. Think "Wonderful World of Disney Parade" a few years ago with that layover and sans Princesses.
  • Yes, the Pumpkin folks would be along side the floats dancing as it were and also being on a few floats.
  • And yes, I will consider an additional layover for the Christmas season. I might start thinking about that in late September.

AmericanMouse

Quote from: "tubbsy""When we were there we had a few extra characters running around with sheets on (Alice, Peter Pan, Chip n Dale and Donald). Very half hearted tho'!"

Not really half-hearted for a Halloween event, though.  They were "ghost ponchos" though as I call them, which if I recall from pictures were ideal.  Donald was actually a devil under his ghost outfit and even Pinocchio and Stitch's friend Lilo had them on, too.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"Hmmm, the one thing I would hate about this if ever I went at Halloween, would be no Princesses on Parade.  :cry:

Not nessaccerily... you could pop the princess in the forms of Cinderella, Belle and Jasmine alongside the villians... So we could have Belle on Gastons mighty arms, CInderella working hard for Tramaine and possibly Jasmine on the Arm of Jafar?

AmericanMouse

Captain Pan, the princesses would not be part of the Halloween layover, (EDIT)but Druzilla and Anastasia would be part of the parade.  They will however return for the Winter Holiday layover that I am discussing elsewhere here in this Sourcerer's Workshop thread with a few new twists that will be permament in November of '09.

AmericanMouse

Just wanted to bump and let you know now that Halloween has passed for 2K8, you can add your comments and proposals for 2009.