[GAME] Design a DLRP ride

Started by The Butlin Boy, February 17, 2006, 12:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

I came up with an idea a couple of months ago which i thought would be a really good concept.
the idea came to me when i was talking to someone aboutthe original plan for space mountain at DLP but instead i had the idea of building  a temple shaped building around or on the site where indy and the temple of peril. Inside the building would be a fully themed environment in which there would be 3 rides that are interwound each other, the 3 rides would be  the temple du peril, the eye of the mara(DLR) and grizzly river run(rapids)(DLR)not necisarilly the same track layout just concept. all 3 rides would be very heavily element orientated with water and fire but also other visual effects as well.
i have some designs and plans that i drew if anyone wants to see them, just let me know and i will dig them out!
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

Maarten

Thank you guys for all the positive feedback, it's really great to see other people liking your idea! Thanks!

Quote from: "Jon"i have some designs and plans that i drew if anyone wants to see them, just let me know and i will dig them out!

Sure, I would really like to see them! Please, don't hesitate to post them!  :)

Jon

If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

Nala_84

Wow, that's great work, Maarten!!

I wanna have such a thing at DLRP, please show it to some Imagineers :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Maarten

Interesting ideas, Jon! It made me think of the Adventureland project during the late 80s /early 90s at Adventureland in Disneyland, Anaheim that never got build. If everthing would have been build as Walt Disney Imagineering would have liked, they would have build a huge building. This building would include Indiana Jones Adventure (as it can be found today on that spot), an Indy coaster like in Paris, and the Jungle Cruise would have been extended with an indoor part. I will try to find the concept art for you.

But keep going with your ideas, they're really interesting.  :)

Quote from: "Nala_84"Wow, that's great work, Maarten!!

I wanna have such a thing at DLRP, please show it to some Imagineers :)

Thanks for the nice compliment! Like I said before, its so cool if other people like your idea! And if I would have known some Imagineers or even an adress where I could contact them, I would have done it immediately. By the way; does someone know how to contact Walt Disney Imagineering in Paris? Not that they design the attractions, I supose its all done in Glendale California, but still... small things in the parks like the filmposters at the Studios, Cool Post in Adventureland and the new Space Mountain Mission 2 entrance sign are done by WDI in Paris I think. It would be cool if the fans could give the Imagineers in Paris some ideas... 8)

Jon

Quote from: "Maarten"Interesting ideas, Jon! It made me think of the Adventureland project during the late 80s /early 90s at Adventureland in Disneyland, Anaheim that never got built.
yeah i found that the other day and using that i have redesigned the track and landscape layout! ill let u see it when ive finished!
I dont suppose anyone knows of a track layout for temple du peril that i can use?

Kristof

Try sending a letter to:
EDLI BP 100, 77777 Marne-la-Vallée Cedex 04, France

:?:  :?:  :?:

Jon

this is as far as ive got, and i havent had alot of time to really do alot, but ive changed this version so it has an atlantian theme. ill write a description of the room i have been able to do then ill do the rest as i get time to do them.
the first pic is just a general ride layout and building outline
i have done a concept drawing of the main chamber, i kept the rope bridge from eye of mara but thats about it! sorry its a bit scratchy ive started on a couple of the effects that will be in there but the thing i have been working on the most in there is the statue put into the wall water will fall down teh back of the wall but fire can also climb the wall (depending on what ride you get (ill explain later)). the part of the ride i have been working on the most is the room in the bottom left hand side of the building, this room has a series of physical effects. when you enter the room the floor times star to flick up and fall down, smoke starts coming up where the grouting should be and huge chunks of pathway will just fall away infront of the car forcing it to swerve out the way (this pic shows the framework under the times and how they are pushed out of position and reset).
(now before i carry on the bit i was going to explain earlier, just like eye of mara this emv has thousands of different combinations and ride experiences, as i chose an atlantian themed ride i thought i would create a watery atlantis and a fire atlantis, depending what the computer decides is whether u get a fire or water atlantis) Fire or water will now fill the holes that have fallen away in front of the car and if it is the water water will rise to make it look like the water is going to come out of the hole and flood the room, explosions of water will also come out of the hole. if it is the fire atlantis  huge flame balls come up through the holes and smoke and steam will come out of the holes so you cant see down them.along the walls there are a series of blocked windows in the shape of arches, and depending on fire or water atlantis water will cascade inside the arches like a water screen or fire will  climb up the back wall of the arch. at a certain point if it is water atlantis sluce gates will open and water will flood in through the top of the window with an implosion kind of effect and if fire atlantis a huge fire ball shoots out of the windows. then just when you think you are out a masive hole opens up and the car drops down to a sub level!
well thats as far as i got so far so i hope i havent confused you all to much :?

Jon

it just occured to me that a great ride to put into the studios would be a stargate ride, possibly simulating going through a worm hole!! and as stargate is made by MGM it could be done.

The Butlin Boy

I'm going to try and ressurect this topic so that the new members can play.

Any new ideas? I'd love to see some more :wink: