[Imagineer it!] Expand Toon Studio!

Started by Kristof, May 01, 2008, 08:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

OK, here's the deal... You can expand Toon Studio on the grass behind Art of Disney Animation.  

What would you put here?  Area development, restaurant, shop or a full blown attraction?

Let the Imagineering begin!

davewasbaloo

I would create a two level building expanding over the top of animation. Making it look like a Toon building, there would be two entrances side by side, one one side, a grand entrance to Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin, and next to it is a door to the Ink and Paint Club. The Ink and Paint club would house a wonderful table service restaurant with an AA show with Jessica Rabbit and the duelling piano scene from WFRR, either that or something similar to Animator's Pallette on the Disney Cruise Line. Doing this we would get both a family friendly AA dark ride and a table service restaurant, both of which are desperately needed.

The alternative is a Sci Fi Dine In like at MGM fitting in with the Cars theme.
since 2001 (many before that)

Dlrpfan

I would expand the back of the art of disney animation building possibly adding Turtle Talk with Crush or Walt Disney One Mans Dream. I would also add a new restraunt possibly on the theme of Cars to complememnt Cars Race Rally
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Remco K.

Quote from: "raptor1982"You can expand Toon Studio on the grass behind Art of Disney Animation.  

What would you put here?  Area development, restaurant, shop or a full blown attraction?
A large picnic field... :lol:

Now, seriously... Since most of Toon Studio is featuring PIXAR based attractions, they could easily transformate the area to PIXAR Place, like they´re doing at Disney´s Hollywood Studios. On the grass behind Art of Disney Animation they might fit in Toy Story Midway Mania. I´m not sure how large the show building really is, but with some relocating of the Tram Tour road, it might fit. I haven´t been on the ride it yet, but from what I´ve seen and heard it seems like a lot of fun.

Owain

Toon Lane; The Place where all Toon's live ?
Have houses for certain characters for meet and greets maybe even a small attraction and restaurant ?
Just another spin off idea from Mickeys Toon Town Fair from WDW :D

Kristof

Quote from: "Owain"Toon Lane; The Place where all Toon's live ?
Have houses for certain characters for meet and greets maybe even a small attraction and restaurant ?
Just another spin off idea from Mickeys Toon Town Fair from WDW :D

Mmm I like that idea!  Almost seems logical!  

Anyone else an idea?

The Butlin Boy

i have an idea, but it's part of a general park one though.

It starts with them closing the Tram Tour and moving it next to the stunt show, and creating some new sets to improve it. Then in the are where the STT and the now redundant costuming building were, they expand the Toon studio area (pushing the meet and greet area either to the back of the land or next to Crush) to include a couple of new attractions, including a Toy Story Midway Mania style ride (I don't know how they'd pull off that theme in the studios, we'll have to wait and see the DHS version first) and a dark ride (Monsters Inc? The Little Mermaid? Winnie the Pooh? Something new?). The area then also gets a proper shop, and a new restaurant as well (fast food, it's a family land :wink: ).

Well that's my idea anyway :roll:

Remco K.

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"including a Toy Story Midway Mania style ride (I don't know how they'd pull off that theme in the studios, we'll have to wait and see the DHS version first)
DisneyHD uploaded an onride to YouTube of the DHS version of Toy Story Midway Mania.

It shows a bit how the theme is worked out at DHS.

Warning! Spoiler ahead! :P

[spoiler:1bxomukn][youtube:1bxomukn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ZCrf6m9OU[/youtube:1bxomukn][/spoiler:1bxomukn]

lil-shawn

okay so here is my idea,

they do a building next to the back of the art of disney animation, there u have a boat ride like smal world with a touch of the great movie ride but the story is the history of disney animation films, but just the one walt was alive. with a lot of scenerys and aa figures.

on the one open corner there is a restaurant look like the house of mouse with a touch of animators palate.

from this resaturant u come to the toon lane street with the houses from the charakters for meet and greets.

scrooge

Small World is my Keyword too...

What do you think about a type of music school for kids. There they can learn about different sounds in different countries. And they can learn to play along with small instruments. Different characters are playing famous music from Disney Movies and so on.

"Disney´s music of the world"

15MagicalYears

A great Idea came to me as soon as I saw this post!
I originly had an Idea of exchanging the "Toon Town Train" with
"Mickeys Movie Making Madness!"
It has the concept of the train as it is on wheels. It comes down the street stops and the bus opens and reveals a set, from then on it's just about Mickey and the gang making a movie. BUT

Now I look at this page, they could build a small stage either open roofed or indoors. It would be called Mickeys Movie Making Madness too but a stage version.

Well thats my idea.  :D  I hope you lot guys like it.
Any yeah, tell me what you think!  8)

The Butlin Boy

Ok, here's my new idea, they expand the Toon Studio with a mini Toy Story area featuring:

:arrow: The main attraction, Toy Story Midway Mania. This would be a copy of the DHS version because the DCA version wouldn't work, and also because the DHS one looks great!  :wink: The ride is improved in any possible way (so that we have the best version  :mrgreen: ) and we get some kind of cool solution to the Mr Potato Head language issue that would happen if it were a complete clone (perhaps they could say that the mic he's holding can translate English to French which could allow them to switch languages, or they could just make a French Mrs Potato Head to go with him :wink: ).
 :arrow: A new proper shop for the Toon Studio area, a Toy Story Toy Store! :roll:
 :arrow: They then move Buzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet restaurant from Discoveryland to the new area, and improve it so it is almost the same as the one in the film, with an improved play area and a copies of a few of the arcade games seen in the restaurant in the film and a Buzz lightyear meet 'n' greet.

:mrgreen:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Ok, here's my new idea, they expand the Toon Studio with a mini Toy Story area featuring:
 :arrow: A new proper shop for the Toon Studio area, a Toy Story Toy Store! :roll:
 :mrgreen:

Me Likely that idea and can only say a logical name for that Toy Store be... Toy Story's very own Al's Toy Barn... but then it would lose the idea it appears as at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Maybe they take an idea for a store from DisneyQuest with its build a toy inspired by Sid.

Possibly bring in Monsters Inc: Laugh Floor Or would that be too much like Stitch Live! ?

Toy Story themed 'Flight to Neverland' slightly faster and more track based, based on Buzz's 'flight' or 'falling with style' as Woody Claims around Andy's room

wendybird1

What about Bugs Life!? You could have a form of ghost train in the sense that the bird swoops down above you head just as the track drops! The grass hoppers could land reaching out to grab you...etc. it can be like the ants tunnels!

david

A clone of the Bug's Life 3D show at DCA would fit in really well actually. The theme is pretty close to that of studios too- as it is a show being put on by the bugs inside their ants nest- AND it would satisfy the need for more kid's rides