Enchanted parade idea

Started by Alpop, April 20, 2008, 11:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpop

Well, I've just finished watching Enchanted. It was miles better than I had thought, which it sparked an idea.

Imagine your walking down main street, nothing special is happening. The background music changes slightly.
All of a sudden out of a door walks Giselle, in full song. Obviously to the tune of the background music which builds up. as she walks up main street towards the castle, cleaners, general cast members and "fake" park visitors, join in. They build up to a dancing parade towards the castle.

Unlike the usuall parades where your roped off and stuck, people would follow her down main street to the hub.

As she walks past some of those wooden construction walls workers in hard hats spill out and join in.

Ending in a grand dancing and singing finale and a dove release across the sky!!

just a thought :-"

The Butlin Boy

Great idea Alpop, I really like it. The only problem would be having to employ and pay so many people to perform it, but it would be cool.

As a matter of fact, I myself was thinking about the possibility of an Enchanted show at DLRP the other day, I was trying to figure out some kind of show for the Studios where the characters leave the animated world (Toon Studio) and enter the real world (Hollywood Boulevard) :roll:

Anthony

Awesome!!

I was just thinking yesterday that with the Enchanted fireworks it could be good to use that Central Plaza stage in the daytime for some kind of song and dance show using the music of the film. Like you say, builders, people with balloons, etc, dancing around the park, just like in the film.

It's a shame the film didn't have a couple more songs, there's only True Love's Kiss, That's How You Know, Happy Working Song and maybe So Close. Not sure if you could make a full show out of those, so you idea of a mini parade/ character event a bit like the Mary Poppins show is great. It could end with a meet 'n' greet, I guess?

Giselle and Prince Edward characters are desperately needed at DLRP. I'd love a prince to wander around and insult the "peasants". :lol:

Riebi

That sounds great! Would love it!!!!

Also if I just be a "peasant"  :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Alpop

Good thinking Baloo.

As the mini parade is on Prince Edward could be battling (not too forcefully) through the gathered crowds!!!

In terms of crowd controll around the dancers I'm sure a line of cast members holding hands could work.

People leaning and singing from the windows in main street!!!
I have too much time on my hands.

Anthony

Quote from: "Alpop"People leaning and singing from the windows in main street!!!
I have too much time on my hands.
Yes, and yes! :lol: One of the windows in Main Street could have a curtain with a dress shape cut out of it.

Robert the lawyer probably wouldn't work as a character, would he?

So the show/parade begins with Giselle and the crowd making their way up Main Street to Central Plaza (Central Park), where some of them climb onto the stage to complete the extended song. Then, I was thinking for the Happy Working Song number they could use hand-held puppets of the animals a little like Finding Nemo The Musical, not to mention a reference to Mary Poppins and that animatronic robin... Not sure how you'd change the costumes between those two songs though.

Next, Prince Edward arrives singing "True Love's Kiss" from the Fantasyland entrance on the far left near the Dwarfs' shop, shouting "Out of my way, peasants! I have slayed the dragon! Giselle, I have rescued you again!". Maybe he could be riding a horse? He arrives on stage only for Giselle to say "What? I don't need rescuing! We're just enjoying the park!" (Maybe he misunderstood Pip the chipmunk again, or heard her song in Andalasia and didn't understand?). She could list other famous princesses that need rescuing (maybe as a new song?) and then he runs off into the Castle to save them, where he starts meet 'n' greets.

Giselle and the dancers do a small encore of 'That's How You Know' then she meets fans next to the Plaza Gardens fountain.

I also have too much time and imagination. 8-[

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"I also have too much time and imagination. 8-[

No that´s in the ballpark! :D

I would love to see if slowly all main street "actors" start to sing. And maybe we can join in a bit :lol:  Would be a cause for the prince to slay down my head :lol:  My singing voice isn´t the best!

Seriously I think an event like this would be a wonderful and great addition to the entertainment list and at least something that never was before. And that´s wonderful to imaginate!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Alpop

I agree with you riebi.
even though it was my initial concept.

DLRP has always pushed the boundaries intheir attraction technology. So it would be yet another first if it happened.

Someone send an email to Philippe to start him off in the right direction

howtodeal

Great ideas guys  :D I think it would be great if they replaced The Lion King show
on videopolis with an Enchanted show. maybe a little bit similar to The Beauty and The Beast show
they used to have.
Enchanted songs like "So Close" and "That's how you know" fit this kind of shows
in my opinion.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "howtodeal"Great ideas guys  :D I think it would be great if they replaced The Lion King show
on videopolis with an Enchanted show. maybe a little bit similar to The Beauty and The Beast show
they used to have.
Enchanted songs like "So Close" and "That's how you know" fit this kind of shows
in my opinion.

Or they could put it on the castle stage :wink:

howtodeal

The Butlin Boy

That's a good idea, especially because Candlebration will be over next year  :D
I remember that they had a princesses show there a long time ago, and they had
a large book that had a page for each princess, i don't know if you saw about it but
this idea will be great for Enchnated. The only difficult part would be the first
animated part i guess  :lol:
Now, i really really want them to have an Enchanted show   :cry:

anthonysprincess

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"The only problem would be having to employ and pay so many people to perform it, but it would be cool.

There are really a lot of people paid for every parade when you consider all the performers, float drivers, character attendants/ safety people, technicians, people who entertain the crowd before the parade (been there done that  :mrgreen: ) and keep people from walking INTO the parade with a normal parade (and that :roll: ) etc so if you trade out all those for performers I don't think it would make a diff. I mean this "parad"e wouldn't have floats or anything so that would be fine wouldn't it.

That sounds so fabulous. Cool if it was totally spontaneous too but that would never happen :(

I have always dreamt my life could be like that.... sigh :oops: [/color]