What happens at Imagineering?

Started by SkySurfer, July 10, 2007, 06:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySurfer

Hi there,

I just saw the horrible pics of mount rushmore at DV. I didn´t know what to think about it. It´s a shame!
And there is one thing, I don´t understand.
Imagineering gave us the most beautiful Magic Kingdom all around the world.
Our Park is perfect, so detailed. Walt would have been the proudest man in the world, if he could have seen it.

Now, 15 years later, Imagineering invents rehabs like the Mt. Rushmore.
I can´t understand it. Is there a difference between "Our" Imagineering and
Imagineering at Disneyland and DisneyWorld - or Tokyo Disneyland. They do so beautiful things there. And I don´t think, that such an awful rehab like Disney Village would happen at one of the other parks.

It is so Un-Disney - I can´t believe it  :cry:

Kristof

I agree about the paintjob, BUT the Mount Rushmore was hideous in the first place.  It was designed by WDI Glendale in 1992.  Ever noticed that Mickey only has one eye on it?  This is against the rules of character design, his both eyes and ears always have to be visible.  Second, it's indeed EDLI that's responsible for the Disney Village make-over, but with very very very limited budgets.  (We're not as rich as the other resort...)

QuoteNow, 15 years later, Imagineering invents rehabs like the Mt. Rushmore.

I'd like to know which other examples you have, because you make EDLI look like they're doing nothing but bad stuff.  Don't forget they're responsible as well for the wonderful rehabs around the resort like BTM, keelboats, Mark Twain, Molly Brown, Boardwalk Candy Palace, ....

SkySurfer

Hmm - I´ll try to explain my thoughts - and what I mean:

QuoteEver noticed that Mickey only has one eye on it?  This is against the rules of character design, his both eyes and ears always have to be visible.

You are right - but - what looks more Disney? A Mickey with one eye you can´t see - or a paint-job that lets Donalds eyes look like a cheap copy.

Quotebut with very very very limited budgets.  (We're not as rich as the other resort...)

Again you are right. We all know about the financial situation of the resort. But again, I can´t understand why they did such a bad paint job. It has nothing to do with money. Sometimes things look better, if you don´t change them. They could have saved this money for other rehabs.

QuoteI'd like to know which other examples you have, because you make EDLI look like they're doing nothing but bad stuff.

I didn´t say they are doing nothing but bad stuff. I just wanted to say, that over the last years, I never saw such a bad rehab.
You are right with your mention of the rehabs inside the park. Great job at all. But these rehabs were no changes. It was a "making-new" of things we already have. The rehab of DV is a project, that should change the optic. Thats a difference.

I hope this makes my thoughts a bit clearer!

:D