Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giorgio1712

OK I rang DLRP today, and they said because i have a fantasy AP already i can book my hotel alone, as if i had a dream AP, all i have to do is get a Dream AP as soon as i arrive!! Im well pleased!!

metman

hi can anyone confirm it says there is a 20% discount on anything you buy in disneyland is this only for 1 day or for all the time you are there. also can you use this in the disney village for shopping as well. thanks for all your help andy

Anthony

The shopping discount is available for the entire time your AP is valid. You can use it at any DLRP-run store (so in Disney Village, the main ones like Disney Store, Hollywood Pictures..) across the resort. :)

TimW

Hello,

I am off with my wife and our 2 girls on the 16th July for 5 days and 4 nights and have been considering buying annual passes to make future trips cheaper (and shopping, meals etc) and would love a bit of advice on which to get (and I have read on here we may get some money off the ap if we get them on the first day - due to us already having paid for tickets (and if so, what sort of discount), or does this not count as we have got a hotel/park package?).

I was thinking about the dream passes so we could go whenever but not sure if it is worth the cost of buying them for our girls as well, I know this means they will get into the park free but they are only 6 and 3 and a half and I imagine we would visit and stay in the disney hotels another 2-3 times a year (for 3,4,5 days at a time), what sort of discounts do you get for the hotels as I have only ever been quoted the prices for hotels with the park passes and I am trying to see what savings we might get (without park passes and room only with ap discount)?

All help appreciated!

Bopshop

The Dream pass is simply incredible....I got it for 161 euros in April (existing passholders can get new people 10% off - plus earn 12 months free themselves).

I've been twice now - 4 days and 5 days.  It saves me 20% off on merchandise, including sale stuff.  Free drink in restaurants, 10% off food, free EMH entry, entry prior to park opening into Fantasyland, free use of the luggage service.....I would be lost without mine.

I'd say if you are going for 3 days or more they are worth it.

TimW

Hi Bopshop,

Many thanks for that info, I am now determined to get 2 for me and my wife, and just considering if it's worth it for the children as with ours will cover any hotel bookings and discounts at meals (as only need 1 for those) so their use will just be for getting into the park for free? or do they need them if we get invited to special previews?

I am just trying to budget and plan the best way to do this:)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "TimW"Hi Bopshop,

Many thanks for that info, I am now determined to get 2 for me and my wife, and just considering if it's worth it for the children as with ours will cover any hotel bookings and discounts at meals (as only need 1 for those) so their use will just be for getting into the park for free? or do they need them if we get invited to special previews?

I am just trying to budget and plan the best way to do this:)

If you take advantage of any AP perks, all of you must have the same AP to benefit for special events, free drinks etc.  If you are going to DLP before August, you can get a free child AP with every adult AP.  The Dream pass is totally worth it IMHO.
since 2001 (many before that)

TimW

Thanks very much for that info davewasbaloo, we are off on the 16th July (my birthday) so we should be able to get the girls ones free, had no idea about that at all, and it's great news!

Really looking forward to our trip as it sounds like lots of work has been done in the park since our last visit at Christmas 2005.

Bopshop

No worries mate - you can also complete a form (I can send you the pdf with details) which will get you 10% off by knowing an AP holder...ahem....me!  Send me a PM if you want more info.

pink

Quote from: "Bopshop"No worries mate - you can also complete a form (I can send you the pdf with details) which will get you 10% off by knowing an AP holder...ahem....me!  Send me a PM if you want more info.

hi, im interested in this but im totally lost :oops:  im going on the 24th for 3 nights 4 days but booked a hotel and park pass package didnt even know you could get a passport for cheaper than th e normal pass :? anyway would it be worth me buying any further pass when i get there what does it cost or entail thanks :D  it would be for me my husband and 12, 7 and 2 yr olds

Bopshop

Here is the info on the passes.....from reading info elsewhere, you'd likely only be able to put one days value of your existing passes towards the purchase of an AP.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/practic ... passports/

If you need sponsorship then let me know and I'll get some forms to you to fill in.

emailuser

Hi , does the restriction of not being able to use your AP on day 2 and 3 after purchase apply to Fantasy passes .. ??? , and at present if i buy 2 adult APs do i get 2 children APs free ???  thanks in advance

Cubitus

Quote from: "emailuser"Hi , does the restriction of not being able to use your AP on day 2 and 3 after purchase apply to Fantasy passes .. ??? , and at present if i buy 2 adult APs do i get 2 children APs free ???  thanks in advance
This restriction applies on Francilien APs *only*.

Fantasy APs just got 30 fixed restriction days, there's a table on the Disney website and available at the AP office, too.

The "kids AP for free" offer will be present until 30 Sept 2007. It's valid for your little ones up to 7 years!

Oliver
Oliver

davewasbaloo

To answer the query about savings on hotels, you need to call DLP to get a quote.  Or Expedia has room only deals, so to look at bandings on there and subtract 10 - 30%.  However, we find now that it is much better and cheaper to go to the Holiday Inn or Marriott (we often drive, and the Dream pass even let's you park at any of the DLP hotels except the DLH) for a better quality experience.  Then we go to the Disney hotels for dinner and drinks.  This to me is much better and there is some wind down time.

And I have a friend who lives a very economical lifestyle and he goes to DLP from England about 10 times a year staying at places like the eTap and Pierre and Vacance.

Remember UK DLPers, Tesco club card points can be used on the Channel Tunnel or Eurostar - £2.50 in voucher = £10 towards your travel!!!!

We have been to DLP on a real budget before and had a luxury holiday thanks to our AP's.  In fact we just spent 12 days at DLP for 4 of us, and the travel, 5* accommodation and passes cost us £1400 - add in the discounts at the hotels and restaurants (we also saw about 21 friends who we were able to help out - discount on their tickets, and our meals together) and it was a great deal.

In return, Disney probably sees us eating 15 - 20 table service meals in their restaurants, and I know we spent about £1000 in souvenirs (including 2 crates of the 15th anniversary wine).  Without the AP's, we probably wouldn't do this.
since 2001 (many before that)

seanmartina

i was wondering is it true, that when you buy an adult annual pass you get a child one free... until august