Forum down May/June 2021

Started by norhel, July 06, 2021, 02:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norhel

So, what did happen to the forum as it was down the last 5 or 6 weeks or so?
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Anthony

Hey! Sorry about this. 🤦‍♂️

It seems somehow the entire forum.dlpguide.com subdomain got deleted by the host. I'm not sure if this related to me finally cancelling the renewal of magicforum.eu... So the forum was there, it just couldn't be accessed, and I couldn't get to the admin panel to see what was wrong - until I finally realised.

So, still not dead! 👍😅 And I should say I'd still like to move to a new forum platform at some point because this SMF software has always been awful and as much of a barrier as anything to people contributing. But other things to tackle on my To Do list first...

norhel

Quote from: Anthony on July 06, 2021, 04:05:15 PM
Hey! Sorry about this. 🤦‍♂️

It seems somehow the entire forum.dlpguide.com subdomain got deleted by the host. I'm not sure if this related to me finally cancelling the renewal of magicforum.eu... So the forum was there, it just couldn't be accessed, and I couldn't get to the admin panel to see what was wrong - until I finally realised.

So, still not dead! 👍😅 And I should say I'd still like to move to a new forum platform at some point because this SMF software has always been awful and as much of a barrier as anything to people contributing. But other things to tackle on my To Do list first...

Thanks for the update 😊
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California