Is anyone out there?

Started by JMB, June 06, 2020, 08:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMB

Hi,

First thing, to be clear, this isn't a criticism but I was wondering how many people are still actively looking at this board.  I've been on here for just over 2 years, which isn't very long, but in that time the number of posts have plummeted.

I just wonder who's still out there (a 👍 in reply would be great) and why there are so few posts. I used to look every day and there would usually be something on here, it would be nice to get back to that

norhel

I'm still around.
I usually have a look here once a day or so, but unfortunately it's been pretty dead here for a long time.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

norhel

In my opinion, social media has taken over a lot of the posts.
I'm in a few groups on a very popular social media site, and especially one has a lot of traffic.
So it's shifted from here to there. It's probably easier foe people to just search there, rather than search for forums and the register.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

grovesie

Hello,

I too visit everyday, but as previously said the numbers have dwindled. Shame really

JMB

I'm a bit old fashioned and love a good forum.  I suppose it's a bit like using cassettes 😁

Qscout

I still look in, but admit it is usually before a trip to see if there is anything new. Maybe the development work will bring in a bit more buzz.

DLP has dried up a bit with not much new happening, and that has meant not much to discuss. It seems most of the posts are the usual questions about dining reservations, hotels, and tips.
Kyriad Apr 08
Hotel Cheyenne Dec 09
Hotel Santa Fe Apr 11
Pop Century WDW Apr 17
Hotel Cheyenne Sep 17
Newport Bay Apr 18
Hotel New York Dec 18
Coronado Springs WDW Apr 19
Newport Bay Dec 19
Newport Bay Sep 20 Covid  Cancelled
Newport Bay Dec 21 ???

limmy

To further prove the point of dwindling numbers, I'm replying almost 5 months later! Haha.

It's a shame really. Over the years forums have been a fantastic way to communicate, hang out and make new friends but they're a dying breed like everyone says. Social media captures so much more of an audience than a forum now. The thing is I've been to Disneyland Paris the last 3 Christmas' on the bounce and through a combination of reading on here and some YouTube videos I was able to go armed with enough knowledge and tips to make my trips count even when they've been insanely busy. Infact this forum was what I used to look at meal vouchers and even when I planned on getting my AP and going once every two months (I live in the UK, so it's not that difficult but then the world went on it's head as booked to go to sort it in April).

I think places like this will cling on for a little while longer but time will ultimately be it's downfall and we'll all be worse off for it when it happens.
Total Visits to DLP: 5
Total Visits to DLC: 4
Total Visits to DW: 6

Next Planned Trip: November 2021 - Santa Fe - 6 day trip

Pete's Dragon

This place really is a ghosttown. I'm surprised Anthony hasn't sent it the way of the dinos. never did make it to 5000 posts :-(

never2old

Hi PD!! According to your profile you just did reach the 5000 ;)

Anthony

Quote from: Pete's Dragon on March 22, 2021, 11:13:56 PM
This place really is a ghosttown. I'm surprised Anthony hasn't sent it the way of the dinos. never did make it to 5000 posts :-(

I thought everyone knew I'm only leaving the forum here so people can come and comment how quiet it is every six months? 😂

Ps: Congrats on the big 5,000! There's life in the place yet...