Anyone else been having forum issues?

Started by Zee79, December 08, 2018, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Really sorry for the latest downtime, just when I thought things were running smoothly at last. In the end I couldn't find any problem other than deleting all the "cache" files miraculously got things working again yesterday.

Needless to say, I'm not that happy with the current forum software and I'm investigating alternatives that might hopefully be more stable, as I know that's the absolute priority for the forum right now. Watch this space. :D

norhel

Quote from: Anthony on February 20, 2019, 10:46:15 AM
Really sorry for the latest downtime, just when I thought things were running smoothly at last. In the end I couldn't find any problem other than deleting all the "cache" files miraculously got things working again yesterday.

Needless to say, I'm not that happy with the current forum software and I'm investigating alternatives that might hopefully be more stable, as I know that's the absolute priority for the forum right now. Watch this space. :D

Glad that the forum is back up.
Anthony, on a side note:it looks like you have become the administrator of the forum? Wasn't you a moderator earlier?
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Anthony

Quote from: norhel on February 20, 2019, 12:40:59 PMGlad that the forum is back up.
Anthony, on a side note:it looks like you have become the administrator of the forum? Wasn't you a moderator earlier?

Hi Norhel,

Well spotted. ;) I'd planned to post about this properly at some point once it seemed a good moment.

Kristof sadly decided to stand down as Admin last month. The save the forum being lost, he offered me the chance to take over and I'm pleased to say magicforum is in safe hands. Kristof technically remains a moderator, though I'm guessing he'll be as elusive as he has been here recently! It's really amazing when you think this place started way back in 2003, through his hard work all the way, and I'm confident the concept still has plenty of life in it yet.

I'm hoping to work on some good improvements in future, as well as trying to bring some more life back to the general news and rumours topics which you may have noticed already. The forum is already now hosted on the same server as DLP Guide, though I'm watching how this goes for my (very understanding) webhost as running both together is quite demanding, so I didn't want to make too much of a fuss about the move yet.

At the same time, I don't want to change too much too fast — there's still such a good community here and it's a credit to everyone who visits daily and gives their time to discussions that's it's still here at all. Thank YOU!

:D

norhel

Quote from: Anthony on February 20, 2019, 01:49:25 PM
Quote from: norhel on February 20, 2019, 12:40:59 PMGlad that the forum is back up.

Hi Norhel,

Well spotted. ;) I'd planned to post about this properly at some point once it seemed a good moment.

Kristof sadly decided to stand down as Admin last month. The save the forum being lost, he offered me the chance to take over and I'm pleased to say magicforum is in safe hands. Kristof technically remains a moderator, though I'm guessing he'll be as elusive as he has been here recently! It's really amazing when you think this place started way back in 2003, through his hard work all the way, and I'm confident the concept still has plenty of life in it yet.

I'm hoping to work on some good improvements in future, as well as trying to bring some more life back to the general news and rumours topics which you may have noticed already. The forum is already now hosted on the same server as DLP Guide, though I'm watching how this goes for my (very understanding) webhost as running both together is quite demanding, so I didn't want to make too much of a fuss about the move yet.

At the same time, I don't want to change too much too fast — there's still such a good community here and it's a credit to everyone who visits daily and gives their time to discussions that's it's still here at all. Thank YOU!

Even though it's sad that Kristof has stepped down, I want to say thank you to both of you for this forum.
Keep up the good work! :) Looking forward to the future!

norhel

Quote from: norhel on February 20, 2019, 03:12:34 PM
Quote from: Anthony on February 20, 2019, 01:49:25 PM

Hi Norhel,

Even though it's sad that Kristof has stepped down, I want to say thank you to both of you for this forum.
Keep up the good work! :) Looking forward to the future!

And I should also say, congratulations on being the new administratior:)