(Rumour) Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway

Started by Rocketeer, January 20, 2019, 07:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

A few sources are suggesting that the upcoming Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway is heading for Parc Disneyland.

This hybrid projection-physical set based attraction is replacing the old Great Movie Ride attraction in Disney's Hollywood Studios and will open at some point in 2019.

Rumours suggest that the Paris version could occupy the space between Star Tours and 'it's a small world'.

As always, this is still a rumour at this moment in time.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Jules Verne

That'd be great if it's true, it would nice for the DLP park to get some new rides, do you have a source for this ?

Rocketeer

DSNY Newscast and Disney & More have both mentioned it - I'm not sure what their sources are.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

msRavenswood

I would prefer a Beauty & the Beast or Little Mermaid dark ride, but I guess any new ride would be welcome! The park needs it!

jschoonj

I heard on the Jim Hill Media Podcast that Disney execs are super enthousiastic about the Runway Railway at Disneyland, and they want to make it the next ride to be built at all parks. He usually has pretty good info, although he did not mention Disneyland Paris by name.

bad-pink-tink

I wouldnt get too excited just yet. any mention Ive seen of this, is that its DISNEYLAND CALIFORNIA and specifically Toontown where its going to be. Apparently its going to be announced at D23 event later in the year. There is CM backstage area next to Toontown which will be used.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Rocketeer

However any future editions of the attraction are separate to the one currently being created. They do like to 'bulk buy' so if they add it to Disneyland having Disneyland Paris picking up half the tab would be welcome.

Of course though, both locations are still rumours.

DLPme

This would be a perfect addition to Disneyland Paris. Storywise it would be a better fit for WDS, but DLP desperately needs a new proper attraction.

If they were smart they would build it on the expansion pad behind Fantasyland station and use the old theatre as the entrance and queue line. Seeing as the pad next IASW is leveled with the railroad it would require them to close the railroad for another lengthy period. With the space behind the station there would already be a underpass and thematically it fit's with the "popcorn-light" theatre style.

Of course this would require a new home for Mickey, but it's easier to move a mouse than to alter a railroad. How about they could build it on the small expansion pad behind Sir Mickeys, use the store as exit (and parts of it as entrance) and let guests meet Sorcerer Mickey, the original mascot of DLP? ;)

JMB

It would be lovely if some room could be created to create a Mickey and Friends based area.  Thematically it could be sat next to Fantasyland but they'd need to create some room.  Bye bye Its A Small World?? 😳

claire2281

I don't think there's any chance whatsoever of It's A Small World being removed.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

DLPme

I hardly doubt there's enough money for both an E-ticket attractiond AND a mini-land. And I don't see there being enough interest to support a mini-land. It's not just a small world, it's also a high capacity ride that proves popular even today - so fortunately I doubt they'll ever touch it.

Pete's Dragon

IASM is never going to be removed. Would be nice if they covered the ceiling, always spoils it for me