Disneyland Hotel refurbishment

Started by Jules Verne, May 20, 2018, 02:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules Verne

So the DL hotel is meant to be getting a refurb, does anyone know the extent of this ?

Though I've never stayed there, I've always gone for a walk around and to eat and i think it's an amazing hotel.
When i have visited DLP with other people who aren't in to it as i am adore the hotel and i sense it Victorian and pastel style is loved by people who stay there so I dont think that a major change is needed and it mostly needs updates like Newport Bay received.

Does anyone have any guesses what it will be like or what they would like to see ?

norhel

Quote from: Jules Verne on May 20, 2018, 02:12:44 AM
So the DL hotel is meant to be getting a refurb, does anyone know the extent of this ?

Though I've never stayed there, I've always gone for a walk around and to eat and i think it's an amazing hotel.
When i have visited DLP with other people who aren't in to it as i am adore the hotel and i sense it Victorian and pastel style is loved by people who stay there so I dont think that a major change is needed and it mostly needs updates like Newport Bay received.

Does anyone have any guesses what it will be like or what they would like to see ?

From what I've seen the last days, the details aren't out yet. It's supposed to start in 2020 i belive. Apparently Cathrine Powell saw the plans a few days back, and she loved it. I think the plans was something like 90% done.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

claire2281

Latest I read is that it will still be in a Victorian style but in a new theme. Which sounds great to me. It's a lovely hotel but really needs a freshen up now.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

ForeverDreaming

I've just returned from a stay in the Disneyland hotel and was told by the lady at reception that once the New York has been redone and turned into a 5 star hotel, work will then begin on the Disneyland hotel and it will be turned into a palace and the number of rooms will decrease with prices increasing. This might be covered elsewhere but I hadn't heard of them upgrading the hotel further and reducing the number of rooms.

She also mentioned that as part of the upgrade to the New York the Disneyland hotel would absorb the customers and therefore they were removing the counter service breakfast option and changing it to the hotel which I didn't completely understand as counter service breakfast is being stopped for all the Disney hotels and moving back to the hotel.

On a separate note, I had asked about the counter service breakfast when booking the half board package and was told that if you had stayed in the Disneyland Hotel 10 times they upgrade you and it would then be breakfast in the hotel. I don't think I have met anyone who has stayed there 10 times so it seems on the high side to me but useful to know.

Klattsy

This is horrible news for us. We have been waiting a decade and a half to get there and it looks like our Sept 2020 plans are down the drain  :(

If they close mid 2020 I'm guessing they won't reopen until early 2022, at best Christmas 2021?

Lolly_Belle

Just got back yesterday and while we were having afternoon tea in cafe Fantasia (yummy!) we spoke to a member of staff who suggested the DLH might not be closing next year after all.... it seems that if the New York refurb runs over, even a little, then they are not willing to take the risk that DLH might not be finished before the 30th anniversary year in 2022 so would hold off closing the hotel until after this.  :-[
Sept 1999 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site
Oct 2001 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Nov/Dec 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2006 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Dec/Jan 2008/9 - WDW Swan Hotel
Oct 2014 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Jul 2016 - DLP Hotel New York
Nov/Dec 2017 - DLP Sequoia Lodge GF
May 2019 - DLP Newport Bay CC

helena briggs

That would be great Lolly_Belle. I'm really hoping to be able to book for November/December 2020. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything?