DLP Language Programme - questions!

Started by jennit, February 02, 2018, 04:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jennit

Hi there!

I am currently considering applying for the Language programme but am finding it very hard to find information on the programme apart from what is on the official website! Is there anyone who has or is taking part who can answer my following questions?
1) Are you given accomodation and how is this paid for? Where is accomodation located?
2) How do you get paid?
3) Is there support given in terms of moving over?
4) Do you personally get to chose the length of you contract or is his given to you?

I can't think of anything else at the moment but if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate this!
Thank you in advance

DLPWonders (Banned)

I have done the Learning Program in Restauration.

1) Are you given accomodation and how is this paid for? Where is accomodation located?
There are two Cast Member residencies, one in Magny-le-Hongre (La Boiserie) and one in Serris (Les Pleiades). Both residencies are pretty much the same. They have lots of buildings, and in each building there are a few apartments. Each are single apartments so you don't have any roommates. I was living at La Boiserie. You pay 325€ a month rent for this and a 250€ deposit upon arrival. That's not taken out of your paycheck. You just have to go to the main building every month and pay your rent there (cash or card).
2) How do you get paid?
First paycheck is by cheque, the rest is through bank transfer. You can open a French bank account. I opened my bank account at the Credit Mutuel bank, because they work together with Disneyland Paris and they give you all sorts of offers. One of them is that you normally have to pay a fee monthly for your account, but the first six months is for free for cast members.
3) Is there support given in terms of moving over?
What exactly do you mean by this? If you mean, moving from your country to France, the answer is no. You have to arrange everything yourself. But it's all pretty easy.
4) Do you personally get to chose the length of you contract or is his given to you?
That's given to you. Normal Learning Programs are only available for Restauration and Boutiques, and both are 6/7 months long. If you do it as an internship, it's also possible for Ticketing and Hotel Reception. Those are 12 months long.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

jennit

Thank you so much this is all amazing help! As a last question, would you say you enjoyed the programme? Was it worthwhile to you?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: jennit on February 03, 2018, 02:26:56 PM
Thank you so much this is all amazing help! As a last question, would you say you enjoyed the programme? Was it worthwhile to you?

Oh absolutely!
But I do have to say that I've wanted to work in DLP since I was 6 years old, so it was a literal lifelong dream coming true.
I wasn't new to working abroad (I've been working abroad since 2009), but I did learn a new language, gained new friends and my dream came true.
Whether it's worth it for you or not, is something that can't be answered until you try. Some love it, some hate it.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''