Disneyland Paris Audition ? What Have I Wrong ?

Started by KingdomHeartsBoy14, September 09, 2017, 01:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingdomHeartsBoy14

Hi , This is Gabriel (24 y.o) and this is my experience...
I'm really dissapointed by my first DLP audition I 've done yesterday morning in
Rome. Let me first say that I've practiced for weeks for the first round of animation , Yes like I was not expecting to succeed at first try but was atleast
hoping to experience a cool audition , as I was preparing for weeks and have even done a professional photoshoot and did my hair the night before.
So this is kinda what happened.

The night before I was so exited that have literally slept for only two hours
from 4 am to 6 am. Yeah I couldn't go sleep that night. So then in the morning I
woke up at 6 pass 10 and got my clothes on , quick breakfast with just a milk-cofee only , as I never eat for breakfast (just to wake me up) and brush my teeth ,
clean my face and at 6 pass 50 I quickly get out of my house and walk to the metro station , it's so early still that I saw the moon up at the sky , I arrive at the metro at 7 pass 5 and go to ''termini'' stop where I catched the bus that brought me in 20 minutes to the actual place.

However I arrived so early at 8 o'clock that the dance school (where they do the audition) opens at 9 o'clock. So I managed to have some walk , I went to the bar and got a bottle of water and lost some time with the phone... gave a call... fighted
with my ''mother/witch'' and whatever ... at 9 o'clock I attended with another person with his father we just said 'hi' and mean while other girls came by.

I'm not a social person so didn't get open with the group there , while waiting for
10 o'clock they were talking about the yesterday audition that they did and were cut for heights but still wanted to try again.
Around 10 o'clock we were like 20 (not quit alot) as yesterday audition were 150. We started to go down and waited for like ten minutes , and I went to the bathroom just to check out my hair and as I get out opening the door I cut my finger (bleeding) so I start sucking my blood as I love to drink blood and walk to the dance room with the huge mirror. We d' stretching
and a lady tells us about height requirements , so she speaks in english then in france and then for the italians there was a trans lady. There was another guy that was kinda quiet. The lady basically said that if we d' not fit in the looking heights we get cut even before to actually start the audition , and to not take it personally but it's just that they look for those heights. However on the casting call for males
the height range was 1.75 to 1.90 and I around 1.78 to 1.82 (I don't really know) but I know am taller than 1.75... So I was kinda not worried for this until I was called for measure and the lady said 1.71 I said in my mind <What?>
I know it's disney height but something didn't turn me right. However I was really
shocked and left. They just said ''Sorry'' and couldn't even hear anything else as I was really sad and broke.

Once I came outside I met again ''the first guy'' and he said 'Didn't make it too?''
''Nah'' I replied. And I added ''I was 1.71'' and even the guy was shocked as he was shorter than me. That's over I studied so much for this audition , I wanted it so bad and didn't even complete the sheet ... I still quiet can't believe :(

So my questions are am I ugly ? And why then they lied about my height ?!?
for disney height I should be 1.75 from my maybe 1.77/78/79...

Please tell me what's gone wrong ? Should I keep trying like the next call in london ? I really while leaving was about to cry. Besides that as I studied every character move for weeks for the animation , I was positive to pass round 2 from my dancing experience and skills... I was really dreaming for this. But NO ;(

My name is Gabriel. Real age 24. but look still in my 20's.
I'm from Australia and I live here in rome for personal reasons.

Thank you for reading.

bad-pink-tink

I did a few Disney auditions a few years ago and didnt get through either. I asked after one about why I didnt pass, I was told I had passed the dance round and the height requirements but I was a bit too big, size wise and that I would need to drop 2 clothes sizes.

After this feedback I was happy. Losing weight is something I can fix.

Basically Disney costumes are standard size. When they do auditions they are basically looking for people to fit the costumes.

Like me, I was the right height and the dance skills but I was too big

Just cos you didnt get through on this particular audition round is nothing personal to you. Try again in another few months. They may not have be looking for people in your height range at the audition you went to.

Also the other person you spoke to, just cos he was shorter than you and still didnt make it does not mean anything. He may have been cut for a different reason. He might have been the right height but not the right size
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

KingdomHeartsBoy14

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on September 09, 2017, 02:57:55 PM
I did a few Disney auditions a few years ago and didnt get through either. I asked after one about why I didnt pass, I was told I had passed the dance round and the height requirements but I was a bit too big, size wise and that I would need to drop 2 clothes sizes.

After this feedback I was happy. Losing weight is something I can fix.

Basically Disney costumes are standard size. When they do auditions they are basically looking for people to fit the costumes.

Like me, I was the right height and the dance skills but I was too big

Just cos you didnt get through on this particular audition round is nothing personal to you. Try again in another few months. They may not have be looking for people in your height range at the audition you went to.

Also the other person you spoke to, just cos he was shorter than you and still didnt make it does not mean anything. He may have been cut for a different reason. He might have been the right height but not the right size

No , the other guy didn't make it for height the day before audition , and still wanted to try again but got cut twice. I didn't mean to offend anybody.

bad-pink-tink

if he didnt make the height the day before, then there was no point in him going back the second day.

For example, you went to Rome September auditions. They might have been looking for

3 females -- very good dance- height 1.40m - size 12
1 female -very good dance - height 1.40m - size 10

Then they might have London auditions October and look for
3 females- very good dance- height 1.5m -size 12
1 female-very good dance - height - 1,5m - size 12

this would mean a female who got cut in Rome in September would make it through in London in October, just purely because the recruiters are filling different positions.

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

KingdomHeartsBoy14

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on September 09, 2017, 07:07:37 PM
if he didnt make the height the day before, then there was no point in him going back the second day.

For example, you went to Rome September auditions. They might have been looking for

3 females -- very good dance- height 1.40m - size 12
1 female -very good dance - height 1.40m - size 10

Then they might have London auditions October and look for
3 females- very good dance- height 1.5m -size 12
1 female-very good dance - height - 1,5m - size 12

this would mean a female who got cut in Rome in September would make it through in London in October, just purely because the recruiters are filling different positions.

Yes I know and he was not the only one who tried again the second day. It didn't make sense but they were just hoping to pass (from what I could hear). however I've found an auidition in france for star wars characters with matching my heights and one other on september fall but 'dancers for events'. I'll give it a try.