Spielberg's Ready Player One

Started by Rocketeer, July 22, 2017, 11:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

Teaser for Steven Spielberg's adapation of Ernest Cline's Ready Player One.

https://youtu.be/znavw4akfoY
The film is set in 2045, with the world on the brink of chaos and collapse. But the people have found salvation in the OASIS, an expansive virtual reality universe created by the brilliant and eccentric James Halliday (Mark Rylance). When Halliday dies, he leaves his immense fortune to the first person to find a digital Easter egg he has hidden somewhere in the OASIS, sparking a contest that grips the entire world. When an unlikely young hero named Wade Watts (Tye Sheridan) decides to join the contest, he is hurled into a breakneck, reality-bending treasure hunt through a fantastical universe of mystery, discovery and danger.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Ohana

Ooh this is interesting! I read the book.. last year I think? I really enjoyed it (mostly, there was some major fluff to get through as well) and have been quite excited for this film to come out! Although it looks much much different to how I imagined the Oasis - I imagined it as a vast greenery.. this is a bit too Tron for my liking. I might consider watching it, although I don't want it to warp the image I created in my own mind having read the book...
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Rocketeer

I know what you're saying on the look of the OASIS. I think they went with the big CG sequences to show off the action. When he's on the school planet I think it'll be very much like that old Windows desktop picture.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney