'Star Wars Hotel' (rumour)

Started by Rocketeer, April 18, 2017, 07:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

Quote Disney Creating Star Wars "Starship" Luxury Resort & Experience Attached to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disney is surveying guests about a possible Star Wars resort hotel experience at Walt Disney World, which would take place on an "actual" Star Wars Starship...
This all-inclusive, 2-night immersive resort experience at Walt Disney World would include:

• The opportunity to experience a 2-day story set in the the Star Wars universe
  • Be surrounded in a continuous, story-driven entertainment experience as it unfolds over the course of the 2-night stay
  • Have personal interactions with Star Wars characters, live performers throughout the starship (experience the story or simply observe the action according to personal preference)
  • Engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions (both on the starship and throughout the Star Wars themed planet)
So basically, in summary, the experience would include...

• 2 nights in an immersive luxury resort that looks and feels like a starwars space craft (set check-in and check-out dates so everyone is immersed on the same "story" timeline)
  • Room(s) that accommodate(s) up to 4 people, with an interactive "view" (galaxy or pool/atrium)
  • Every meal from checking-in on day 1 to check-out on day 3 (5 meals total, including 2 buffet breakfasts, 1 lunch, and 2 signature dinners with evening entertainment)
  • 1 day of Walt Disney World theme park admission to Disney's Hollywood Studios to visit Star Wars-themed land on day 2
  • Story-driven entertainment that unfolds over the course of your stay (including live character chance encounters, and the opportunity to watch or enage in the story through things like personalized secret missions, flight training, starship exploration, and lightsaber training)
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/04/breaking-disney-creating-star-wars-starship-luxury-resort-experience-attached-disneys-hollywood-studios/

As this comes from a guest survey, this is all rumour at this time.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

cjebs

sounds amazing.

have they confirmed what the new york hotel new theme is going to be yet when it closes for refurb?

Rocketeer

New York hotel? I thought it was the Santa Fe getting a retheme.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Lavi

From the text I understand it's about WDW, not DLP.

cjebs

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 24, 2017, 08:02:10 PM
New York hotel? I thought it was the Santa Fe getting a retheme.

i thought the new york hotel was the next to close?

Rocketeer

I'm sketchy on it. I remember that it was going for a refurb, not a retheme.

Which, makes me think, Star Wars Hotel > Santa Fe. That could be achieved easily. Not in the context of this DHS Star Wars Boutique experience hotel, but just an old run o' the mill hotel.

cjebs

quite possibly , i didnt think santa fe was on the current schedule with new york and DLH next in line for major works