Mary Poppins Returns (2018)

Started by Sugaroo_, February 13, 2017, 09:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugaroo_

I saw this on Instagram and got really excited.

Mary Poppins Returns
In Depression-era London, a now-grown Jane and Michael Banks, along with Michael's three children, are visited by the enigmatic Mary Poppins following a personal loss. Through her unique magical skills, and with the aid of her friend Jack, she helps the family rediscover the joy and wonder missing in their lives.

Emily Blunt will be playing Mary Poppins ;D Julie Andrews approves and said she is practically perfect for the role.
Other names on the IMDB page are...wait for it...Meryl Streep :o Colin Firth, Emily Mortimer, Ben Whishaw, Julie Walters, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Angela Lansbury and THE Dick Van Dyke.

That's a list of some really talented actors! I can't wait.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5028340/?ref_=nv_sr_2

"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

TVPaulD

Yeah, a Mary Poppins sequel was dicey territory, but the casting is so good it's somehow impossible to not be optimistic.

And I loved Saving Mr Banks to death, so I'm game for another spin on the carousel  ;D

Sugaroo_

Yes! With a cast like that they've fool-proofed the movie.
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

Rocketeer

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney