Cars 3

Started by Rocketeer, November 21, 2016, 06:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

Teaser for Cars 3.

QuoteBlindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician with her own plan to win, inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet, and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn't through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing's biggest stage!

UK release date 14th July '17.

https://youtu.be/yoH54YtpdTQ

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

RockNRoller

I'm guessing from the engine note of some of the other cars that McQueen is about to go hybrid or fully electric. Would sort of make sense.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Rocketeer

Yeah I thought that too. No doubt the all electric racer (seen moving through the pack in the teaser) is the new kid on the block showing up the old guard.

Like you, I'm guessing that means McQueen is against the new tech but realises its the future by the end.

And given that there's now Formula-E. and an Electric GT Series (using Tesla Model S), they want to reflect the changing nature of motorsport.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

The Lamp is keeping the dramatic trend of the trailer, the first poster is similar to the thumbnail of the video - McQueen upside down amongst the debris. It'll certainly be eyecatching in cinema lobbies.

Rocketeer

Here's the second part to the teaser. Looks like they're keeping the more serious tone..

https://youtu.be/6cYteMqpUVc

Rocketeer