Toad Hall Restaurant / Mr Toad's Wild Ride - home tribute

Started by JThaddeusToad, August 21, 2016, 11:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JThaddeusToad

I've had a long love affair with Disney's Toad Hall and all things Mr Toad. I adore Toad Hall restaurant in DLP and would dearly love to live in it! The ride in Anaheim is also a favourite of mine! Although I've not got as much money as Mr Toad I decided to create my own little piece of Toad Hall at home.  I'm making Toad Hall - The Toilet!
Currently it is a work in progress, but I thought some of you may enjoy looking at the photos as I transform my tiny downstairs cloakroom!

I've recreated some of the stunning art work hung in Toad Hall and will upload some of these another time, along with updates on the cloakroom progress, if anyone is interested.
Take care, Lee 😄

[attachment deleted by admin]
Merrily on my way to nowhere in particular...

msRavenswood

Zee79

perrollaz

Wow, how cool is that! Can't wait to see it finished.

JThaddeusToad

Toad Hall Toilet project is progressing nicely. All wallpapering and panelling has been done, some art work in place. Currently In process of trying to make a replica of the Toad armour that stands next to the fireplace at Toad Hall in DLP. Going to add some brick work around the Windows today to make them look more like the Windows you see all over Fantasyland.
Lee

JThaddeusToad

Staring to create my own Mr Toad bust/sculpture similar to the one above the window of the restaurant. I'll add shoulders, shirt and tie once the face has dried a bit. Then I'll paint it in a concrete stone effect.

JThaddeusToad

Been adding some more bits to my Toad Hall cloakroom.  I have framed some of the artwork you can see hanging in the restaurant.  I've also finished the Toad sculpture and will paint it next week.  The candles now flicker and I've changed all of the taps/faucets and other restroom items to gold to reflect the opulence of the real Toad Hall...I've even had a special Toad Hall towel made.  Not long to go now until it is completed!