Disneyland UK

Started by MickeyAteMyCap, April 24, 2016, 02:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCC1701Q

They considered Spain but there was a problem with the soil and the fact that building it in Spain would mean the northern countries in Europe would find it too far to travel to made them opt for France in the end.

Alexz

My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

stormflm595

I'm not too fussed about this paramount park thing. I can't actually think of any Paramount pictures of the top of my head. I'd definitely rather pay the extra and head to DLP.

I wonder if this new park will affect DLP's tourist numbers, particularly in the first few years? It could go either way...DLP empties out for a bit with everyone wanting to try this new UK park especially with it's proximity to London or it encourages more people to go to DLP as then they can easily get to London from Paris using the Eurostar to attend the paramount park as well, though that does seem a long-winded way to do things :p With two parks with a railway line between them though, I can imagine some people from further away might take the opportunity to visit both Paris AND London.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Zee79

I'm not bothered about Paramount, think I'm being cynical because knowing other parks in uk the prices & entry will probably be extortionate. My heart lies in DLP  :)

Rocketeer

This project does seem to be taking ages to get off the blocks. I'm starting to think that a Easter '21 opening date is slowly moving away from them.

BTW, should we have the thread title changed to 'Paramount London' ?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Alexz

Quote from: Rocketeer on August 16, 2016, 06:09:25 PMBTW, should we have the thread title changed to 'Paramount London' ?
Agree!

Quote from: stormflm595 on August 09, 2016, 02:35:08 PMI'm not too fussed about this paramount park thing. I can't actually think of any Paramount pictures of the top of my head. I'd definitely rather pay the extra and head to DLP.
I could'nt come up with any movies either so I searched for it and found a couple of lists. This is one of them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Paramount_Pictures_films.

Some goodies that Paramount own the movie rights to (I think. Correct me if I'm wrong):
Star Trek, Terminator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob, Indiana Jones, Titanic, Mission: Impossible, Crocodile Dundee, Tomb Raider, Scooby Doo, Doctor Who, Top Gear, Sherlock.

It also seems that they have the rights to use DreamWorks productions. Which includes movies such as: Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon etc. I don't know if they are allowed to use them in the park though.
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

whatsupanders

Paramount London will never start construction. Most of the people in charge of the project have left.

Rocketeer

A little update..
QuoteThe £3.5 billion Paramount theme park being built near Essex is still on course to open in 2022, the attraction's bosses have insisted.

London Resort Company Holdings (LRCH), the group behind the theme park, has recently brought in a group of senior recruits in the hope that they will drive forward the plans for what's being called 'the UK's Disneyland'.

They are confident the plans will be approved when what's known as a development consent order (DCO) is submitted to the government in November.

Read more at http://www.essexlive.news/british-disneyland-project-worth-3-5bn-planned-near-essex-could-open-in-2022/story-30191946-detail/whatson/story.html#7zlz840Ks2llY3JO.99

The article also speculates that entry will cost £57.

EDIT: Can a mod please change the thread title to Paramount Park London. Thanks.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

claire2281

I have no idea why this suddenly became a big story again today. I live in Kent and this has been talked about for years but AFAIK they still haven't actually applied for the planning permission yet.

I'd love to see it built but it's a long way off starting still.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Rocketeer

I belive the story has been picked up by the papers as (according to the article) the new investors have said that they're on track. Pending planning approval in November, with construction to start in '19.

Rocketeer

There's a separate thread for it, but its relavent here.

Paramount Park Murcia is no more as it has been judged to be illegal by the High Court of Murcia.

That surely will boost the chances of Paramount Park London - and possibly would give them more funds as they have now not been spent on the Spanish project?

Rocketeer

From Disney&More (FB)
The Paramount theme parks curse strikes again! : London Paramount Theme park is in turmoil as Paramount Pictures splits with developers:
From Digital Spy: What was going to be called the London Paramount Entertainment Resort now looks like it's not going to be called that after all, as developers building the theme park have split with Paramount Pictures.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 22, 2017, 08:35:56 PM
From Disney&More (FB)
The Paramount theme parks curse strikes again! : London Paramount Theme park is in turmoil as Paramount Pictures splits with developers:
From Digital Spy: What was going to be called the London Paramount Entertainment Resort now looks like it's not going to be called that after all, as developers building the theme park have split with Paramount Pictures.
I wonder if it will become Universal Studios London instead?

Jbop123

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on August 05, 2017, 10:27:35 AM
From Disney&More (FB)

I find this so amusing as the media are still branding it as 'UK Disneyland' yet it never had anything todo with Disney, and now doesn't have anything todo with Paramount Pictures either!!  haha

Should really now re-brand the headlines as "Another Altown Towers to open in Kent"

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Jbop123 on August 05, 2017, 06:09:23 PM
Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on August 05, 2017, 10:27:35 AM
From Disney&More (FB)

I find this so amusing as the media are still branding it as 'UK Disneyland' yet it never had anything todo with Disney, and now doesn't have anything todo with Paramount Pictures either!!  haha

Should really now re-brand the headlines as "Another Altown Towers to open in Kent"
I just had a terrifying thought. What if it becomes another Flamingo Land?  :o