Disneyland Paris Learning Program 2016/2017

Started by AshKee, July 31, 2016, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AshKee

Hello everyone!

My name is Ash and I'm from Ireland. I've applied for the Disneyland Paris Learning Program for Restaurantation which starts this October. I've just had my Skype interview and I'm waiting to hear back about if I've been accepted. But I was wondering if anyone was on the program last year and could tell me a little about it? Or are you applying for the program this year maybe?

Thanks!  ;D
Well! Back into the fray! ;)

ben461

Hi I had my interview yesterday, and got offered a contract the following day via email. It stats mid October going through to mid may. Anyone else doing this?

AshKee

Yes! I was accepted there too! Which of the Learning Programs are you doing? I've been accepted for Restaurantation!

ben461

Congratulations :)

My start date is October 15th and I'll be there until the 16th May. Are your dates the same? I'll be doing restauration also. Do you know much about the accommodation? As that's the only thing I know very little about.

See you soon in that case!

AshKee

I'm started on the 11th of October but ending on the same date. It will be nice to know of someone before going! I'm not too sure about accomadation. I've been told a studio apartment, 20 minutes travel to the parks in Val d'Europe is where I'm staying. But that's all I know so far.

ben461

Yeah I agree, it's nice to know someone starting the same time also. What is your french like? I've been learning phrases over the last couple of weeks to try and help me out.

Zee79

It must be so exciting for you  :) my daughter (only 13 at mo) is thinking about going to work here, loves Disney & is studying languages at gcse. Enjoy your experience.

AshKee

Quote from: ben461 on August 06, 2016, 01:59:44 PM
Yeah I agree, it's nice to know someone starting the same time also. What is your french like? I've been learning phrases over the last couple of weeks to try and help me out.

My French is okay. I had studied it in school but haven't spoken it during my time at university. I'm trying to brush up on it now! I'm nervous about the French required though!

mirrenk

Think I was talking to you on Instagram yesterday Ash! I'm starting on the 15th! Just got the phonecall last week after an interview last November so this has come quite out of the blue for me but I'm super excited! Will be nice arriving knowing a few familiar names and faces though!  :)

ben461

Hey,

Im starting on the 15th October to! I assume you'll be arriving October 14th due to accommodation as well? It will be nice to know people before I go :)

What time will you be arriving? I'm taking the Eurostar and arriving into the Disneyland Station for just gone 12.

mirrenk

Because I'm from Scotland I'm actually having to arrive on the 13th and stay in a hotel overnight, but my dad is travelling with me to help with my luggage etc and just make sure I'm settled alright! He will be leaving the morning of the 14th to fly home so I was just planning on staying around Val D'Europe or the Disney Village that morning until it's time to go along to casting :)

ben461

That's not a bad idea!

Do you know of anyone else starting the program on the same dates?

How are you getting on with getting things organised? Did I see that they only got back to you last weeK? If so, wow, thats pretty short notice to get everything ready.

mirrenk

No I don't know anyone else! Would be handy if there was a Facebook group or something for us all to find each other but I've not come across anything so far.
And yeah I only got the offer on Thursday so it's pretty short notice, I'm just starting to gather up some stuff and going to get my case out next week ( I'm going to DLP this weekend for rundisney so am packing for that just now ) and just pack as much as I can as soon as I can so hopefully there won't be to much of a panic in my last few days before I go!

ben461

Oh cool, good luck for this weekend!

Yeah I agree. I'm glad I've found you guys so far, as its nice to know you're not alone.

I feel like I'll be packing so much as we've got to literally pack for until next May. Plus the formal stuff for the first couple of day.

disney_hannah

Hi can I just ask what kind of things were asked in the interview as I have one on Friday? is there much french involved