Mickey and the Magician - new show replaces Animagique

Started by MickeyAteMyCap, March 18, 2016, 09:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyAteMyCap

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/01/mickey-and-the-magician-coming-to-disneyland-paris/

I'm glad the Genie's going to be at Disneyland. Hope he does Meet & Greets.

Mitchell

Genie meets almost daily in adventureland :)
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Mitchell on March 18, 2016, 10:37:54 PM
That's so cool. They didn't have the Genie when I went.

sunshine1

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on March 18, 2016, 10:59:00 PM
Quote from: Mitchell on March 18, 2016, 10:37:54 PM
That's so cool. They didn't have the Genie when I went.

Yes he on rotation with Abu and Jafar.

whatsupanders

dlpowl

It looks great!  Although I've only watched the first few minutes because I want to see it live for the first time rather than watching it all beforehand.

What I watched was almost all in French, with just the odd sentence in English, do we know if there will be any shows just in English? 

Zee79

Its going to me but I'm restraining myself from watching it, my daughter has told me no! We have got to see it for first time together in DLP itself. I want to watch it though haha

MickeyAteMyCap

It certainly looks a lot better than Animagique.

Quote from: dlpowl on July 03, 2016, 10:33:29 AM

What I watched was almost all in French, with just the odd sentence in English, do we know if there will be any shows just in English?
This is what I want to know too. It's annoying hearing Mickey talk in French.

fiyero

Wasn't Mickey French in Animagiue?

Zee79

He certainly was, Donald spoke English.

dlpowl

Yes but my memory of Animagique is that there wasn't loads of dialogue in it really, it was mainly music and songs.  I watched the first few minutes of the new show and it was all dialogue, which is why I was wondering if they were going to do different language showings like they do with other shows.

MattR

At the moment there is no completely English version of it.

To me it doesn´t really matter my French is as bad as my English but I was kind of surprised that they didn´t make it 50:50 like most of the shows which they don´t offer in different versions.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: dlpowl on July 04, 2016, 02:09:13 AM
Yes but my memory of Animagique is that there wasn't loads of dialogue in it really, it was mainly music and songs.  I watched the first few minutes of the new show and it was all dialogue, which is why I was wondering if they were going to do different language showings like they do with other shows.
I'd also say it was one of a few factors that made Animagique one of the weaker shows at Disneyland Paris. Not many who visit DLP will speak French but a lot will know at least some English given it is the most popular language in the world.

lindavdende

Only French?? I thought they said both languages 3 times a day

MattR

Not according to the current park schedule.

What would be the third language?