Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

This is our official topic for Annual Passes at Disneyland Paris - all planning questions and tips go here!

The resort offers three different tiered passports, each offering access to both parks and providing a range of discounts and privileges.

Annual Passes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post from 2007

I wasn't sure where to post this, so maybe we could have a single topic for all AP stuff?

I just noticed what seems to be a new catch for the PA Francilien:

(1) Le Passeport Annuel Francilien est accessible à tous et ne permet pas l'accès aux 2 Parcs Disney les 2ème et 3ème jour suivant l'établissement du Passeport Annuel définitif.

Basically, you can't use it the 2nd and 3rd days following the day you buy it, meaning that anyone trying to save money by buying one instead of a 3-Day Passe-Partout... can't.  I don't remember this being there before.

Nrthwnd

I spotted that, too when I looked at getting a Francilien Pass instead of the Fantasy Pass during my visit there... which now I will get when we are there by late April.

Very sneaky, I thought. But I suppose they want to sell the Francilien Pass to more locals than visitors, hmmm?

That's cool. The AP Fantasy is still a great deal for myself, IMhO.

:)
*** Talk is cheap ~ Action is priceless ***

Cubitus

Hummm in fact they 'opened' the old Proximity Passport for the broad public and called it Francilien now. I am still happy with my Fantasy AP, but I think especially if you do some Resort-and-Paris combination, the Francilien might be a nice offer (as long as you don't do the shopping and the dining. You'd be better off with the 10%/20% discounts in this case).

So, for the low-budgeteers:

Find your hotel in Paris, then hop on the RER for 1 Day of magic and getting the AP, after this spend 2 days in Paris (maybe a weekend, as Disney's crowded then anyway), and then, voilà, back to the Mouse, super savers as we are!

The RER day Ticket (mobilis) is 12,30 so can still enjoy the Francilien deal!
:)
Oliver

GeoffD

hey do you know 2 things

1) We're looking at getting 4 annual passports (possibly dream), how long will we be in the AP office?

2) Where is the AP office on the map, i know it's near discoveryland but i haven't been able to locate it yet

Cubitus

Hey doddy!

Quote from: "doddy13"1) We're looking at getting 4 annual passports (possibly dream), how long will we be in the AP office?
Hum. Depends. It can be a bit crowded on full days or if they don't have that many counters in use. Usually you ensign at the welcome desk, they can tell you then how long to wait approximately. I never waited more than 10 minutes.

If it's your turn, it'll take about good 5 minutes for each AP to produce, depending on your skills in french speaking and spelling (english native speakers are rare there). So it can get a bit time-consuming for them to acquire your data. Bring a smile, as they will take the photo as the last action :-)

Quote2) Where is the AP office on the map, i know it's near discoveryland but i haven't been able to locate it yet
Look here: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2007/04/ ... aps-05.jpg

This is the new park map, AP office is almost in the middle, very next to the central plaza towards Discoveryland, marked on the map in a white box named "Annual Passport Office" :-) It's at the back of Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast and vis-à-vis the Royal Castle Stage where Winnie the Pooh's show is taking place.

Another question that wasn't not asked, but might be relevant:

Should you consider getting sponsored, remember: you'll need someone else whose AP is at least 1 month old! So you might want to ask your friends in time if they want to sponsor you. They'll be happy about this!

Actual possible AP discounts:
- 10% for getting sponsored
- 15% for shareholders and their family
- 20% for family APs (5 APs / same address)
- combination of 15% and 20% possible!

Cheers
Oliver
Oliver

ruthiebabie

Just got a mailing this week - if I renew my AP they are offering 18 months for the price of 12 at the mo....it would be rude to refuse!
Hey There Hi There Ho There It\'s A Disney Kind Of Day

disneyfanatic

We have the Dream passports for all 6 of us. The discount was nice 146 Euro instead of the 179.
We bought our Passports before we entered the park. There is a place on the right underneath the hotel where you can purchase them. We waited about 10-15 minutes in line for ours and it took maybe 10 minutes to recieve our passes.
We don't speak or read French and I am wondering why we have never received a newsletter. (We bought our passes in Feb) I would be interested in the 18 month for the price of 12 definitly!! (my husband would probably kill me though as he want's to visit the rest of Europe, not just Disney LOL)

Alison

Hi - has anyone bought annual passports online before they go? I think you can just do this on the French website.
Does anyone have any tips? thanks
Alison

disneyfanatic

What kind of tips are you looking for?
If you are not in France or French you will have to buy them at the Park. I am not even sure how to ge tthem online as I speak very little French!

Alison

Yes, the form needs to be completed in French. I think I can manage it, but just wondered if anyone had gone through that process recently.

I noticed though that you have said that you can actually buy them at the park entrance before going in, which sounds OK, was it straightforward? And it's to the right under the hotel? Thanks

disneyfanatic

It was very strait forward. I believe they looked at each of our passports (for identification) put in our German mailing address (not that I ever receive any mail) in the computer which was right in front of us under glass in the counter. Then she handed us our contract with (at that time they were giving coupons away) our complimentary fastpasses & coupons for eating & shopping in the park. When we drive to the park we just show them our Dream Passport and we get waved trhough without having to pay for parking. We show our passport in the shops for our discount (now 20% I believe) and/or at the restaurants for our 10% discount. We don't really drink so we never get the appertif and I'm not really how sure our discount was when we booked our hotel without park tickets. I can always find cheaper hotels and places to stay online. Since we only sleep or use the pool I don't see paying that much more for a Disney hotel since we would have to book 2 rooms with the size of our family. I can find a room that sleeps all of us off site cheaper. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any more questions...

jazzluvva

Hi, we have a 3nt/4day stay booked for later in the year which includes 'length of stay' passes.  Can we pay a supplement to Upgrade them to Annual passports? - Fantasy is most likely.

Our youngest son (3 year old) will go free, what will we have to pay to get him an AP?

I'll be grateful for any advice.

thanks

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "jazzluvva"Hi, we have a 3nt/4day stay booked for later in the year which includes 'length of stay' passes.  Can we pay a supplement to Upgrade them to Annual passports? - Fantasy is most likely.

Our youngest son (3 year old) will go free, what will we have to pay to get him an AP?

I'll be grateful for any advice.

thanks

Sadly at best you will get the value of a one day ticket towards the cost of APs.  We never book packages anymore as a Fantasy Pass is actually £1 cheaper than a 3 day hopper.  If your son is 3 at the time of the trip, you will not be able to get him an AP.  Once he is 4, you can then buy an AP, but it is the same price as the adult passes.
since 2001 (many before that)

giorgio1712

How do i get an annual pass before i go to the park, as it works out cheaper to buy an annual pass and book without park tickets rather than having the package of hotel and park tickets!??

disneyfanatic

Ok the best thing I can tell you to do and hope it works is when you are walking towards the DLP Hotel (big Pink one) go to the Right of it and under a wing of the hotel on the left is a door where you can enter to purchase anuual passes before you get into the park. When we were there the last few days everytime we went by the doors were open and there was no one even waiting in line. If youa re talking about before you even get to DLP then I think you can order them online or mail an order in but it could take a month maybe to get your vouchers and then you would still have to take your picture at the park. I think :?