Favorite "Secrets" of DLP

Started by TinkSassy, August 12, 2015, 12:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: Mathierson24 on August 13, 2015, 08:51:30 PM
I watched the youtube video but got confused, does it go under the ground?!

No its not underground

Ok, start at Adventureland entrance beside Pirates. Instead of walking through to either Pirates or PeterPan, walk down under the covered part. This is the start of the hidden walkway. Keep going straight across the second entrance to Adventureland, across to the round tables of the outdoor seating area of Au Chalet De La Marionnette restaurant. Instead of going into Fantasyland continue straight though the seating area, which takes you down the side of the restaurant. Follow the path, keeping the building on your left and you will see Adventureland on your right. Just keep going, following the side of the buildings and you will reach the third entrance of Adventureland. The next part is a bit more complicated. You need to walk across the flow of people over to the Giraffe shop. Between the shop and Aladdins Enchanted Passage you should see an opening. This is the next part of the hidden walkway. It looks like just a cave but when you walk though you will see the path continuing. This path brings you to Frontierland entrance. Again you need to go  across the flow of people and on the other side of the entrance you will again see an opening. Again just go through this opening and the path continues. You go through the trees and pass toliets and then suddenly you are at the top of Liberty Arcade.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

DisneyRon

Quote from: Mathierson24 on August 13, 2015, 08:51:30 PM
Quote from: bad-pink-tink on August 13, 2015, 08:48:14 PM
Quote from: Mathierson24 on August 13, 2015, 08:44:20 PM
Wow! I had no idea that walkway existed!!

Its really great, especially when the park is at peak capacity. I used it alot on my last visit, to avoid the crush of people on Main Street / the Hub / Castle.

There are also toilets halfway along, which as people dont know about the walkway, are never crowded :)

I watched the youtube video but got confused, does it go under the ground?!

Not really, it's just sunk into a bit of a hill on one side, and it runs through the main structure of the Fort at Adventureland. :) It's entirely above ground, just behind a lot of stuff. And as Tink mentions very few people know it's there, it's a very quiet route.

Disney Matt

I will maybe try it when i'm there in Feb!
Thanks for both your replies :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

mickey1980

The icebox at the Coolpost (open it  ;))
The various telephones in Main street.
The Giant Egg in Adventure land

There are so many little things to discover (i didn't know about the rose/dove).
They should keep doing these little hidden things when making new additions to the park.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiƫsto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Caz

I can recommend this route if you're waiting for the rope drop into Frontierland (BTM). Up until 10am the start of the walkway, by the Arcade that comes out near Casey's, is roped off but much quieter than the main entrance under the Fort. At 10am the CM's will lead you into Frontierland but if you're going via the walkway you tend to get there first. We then sent the kids ahead to pick up BTM fastpasses while we got a good position in the regular queue.
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008