My magical Disney holiday {2nd - 5th of augustus 2015}

Started by cinderella, August 09, 2015, 07:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

Love reading this, I really get how happy and excited you were.  :)
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

stifle

Quote from: mdw on August 13, 2015, 09:22:58 PM
do you recommend in the middle at the front for the frozen show? i will have a 6 and 8 year old with me, will they be able to see it all from there? love your pics and trip report, we fly in two weeks and one day ahhhhhh

There are no really bad seats but the middle section gets taken up first, so you'll need to be in the queue 30-45 minutes before show time to be assured of that section.

michaelj1973

Do you also feel a bit sad when the last day arrives and you have to leave dlp?

McSuze

Wow! Great TR and lovely photos  :D

I'm very jealous that you met Jasmine, how wonderful!

The worst part of any DLP trip is the last day, I cry every time I have to say goodbye to the castle!  :'(

Thank you for sharing with us  ;D
:-)

norhel

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

DisneyRon

Lovely report, and you got to meet the French Jasmine, I'm so jealous. ;D

DisneyChris11

cinderella

Quote from: DisneyChris11 on August 14, 2015, 10:06:36 PM
Great Report and excellent pictures too! :)
Thank you so much! :D

Quote from: DisneyRon on August 14, 2015, 04:40:18 PM
Lovely report, and you got to meet the French Jasmine, I'm so jealous. ;D
Thank you!! Haha, she was lovely! :)

Quote from: norhel on August 14, 2015, 04:27:52 PM
Nice report :-)
Thank you! :)

Quote from: McSuze on August 13, 2015, 11:48:15 PM
Wow! Great TR and lovely photos  :D

I'm very jealous that you met Jasmine, how wonderful!

The worst part of any DLP trip is the last day, I cry every time I have to say goodbye to the castle!  :'(

Thank you for sharing with us  ;D
Thank you!! Haha, yeah I was so happy to see her!
True, I hate leaving!!

Quote from: michaelj1973 on August 13, 2015, 11:09:02 PM
Do you also feel a bit sad when the last day arrives and you have to leave dlp?
Ugh yes, I hate leaving Disney!!

Quote from: andrewuk on August 13, 2015, 10:22:55 PM
Love reading this, I really get how happy and excited you were.  :)
Thank you so much! :D

Quote from: Mathierson24 on August 13, 2015, 08:49:15 PM
Such an amazing trip report  :)
Love your photos and all the detail ;D
Can't wait to read the rest!!
Ahwww, thank you so much!! :D

Quote from: mdw on August 13, 2015, 09:22:58 PM
do you recommend in the middle at the front for the frozen show? i will have a 6 and 8 year old with me, will they be able to see it all from there? love your pics and trip report, we fly in two weeks and one day ahhhhhh
Yeah, there were families with little children sitting in that area and they were able to see everything!!
That so exciting!! Hope you have lots of fun!
Have courage and be kind.

cinderella

Day 4; 5th of august 2015

Today was the last day... It's always a downer to pack your bags and put them in the car...
However, we still had one more day! After having breakfast we got in the car and got ready for day 4!!
Today was a pretty hot day (32C) and really sunny.
When we arrived at the studios park (around 10.15 AM) we figured that today was going to be the busiest day of the trip (the park was really crowded which made it almost difficult to walk, and all the rides had really long queues).
We decided to go do the rides which we knew had airco inside because of the heat.
Which is why we head over to Art of Disney Animation first.
What I kind of dislike about the first clip they play is that they synchronised Walt with some French voice...
This room brings back a lovely memory: during my trip in 2011 the cast member who worked there let me do the English 'introduction' where I had to read (through a microfone) stuff like; welcome to art of animation, smoking, eating and drinking is not allowed etc. That was a really magical moment!
I absolutely loooove the clip they show in the second room, it always makes me a bit emotional. I don't know what it is but shows and clips like these always get to me.
When we got out we saw that the Art Academy was drawing Winnie the Pooh (I always love drawing in the art class but if they're full I always love watching others draw!)
After our tour through the magic of the Disney movies we went over to Ratatouille. The single rides line was just a 25 minute wait. Which was perfect cause by the time we would come out of the ride, we would be able to catch the show of Cinémagique.
It really makes such a different to go wait in the single riders line; you don't have to wait as long as the regular line (was was 90 minutes), most of the time I end up in the same vehicle as my sister and I get to see some of the other people's reactions (I especially love seeing the reactions of people who are riding it for the first time!)
We were just in time to catch Cinémagique, as we expected. I know I've said it before but I just love this show soooo much!!
There was this cute little family sitting in front of me with little kids who also loved it, but the kids did get scared during the parts of Smeagol and the Exorcist. I could totally imagine that, it's really scary for kids!

After Cinémagique we went shopping for a bit and then left the park to go eat something in Disney Village (I'll show you all the stuff that I bought at the end of this day).

Walking to Disneyland Park by Eline Koster, on Flickr

After we ate we went back to Disneyland Park, we wanted to do some rides before we would go home.
We first walked to Fantasyland to spend some time at Central Plaza (we always love it there). While we were sitting on one of the benches we saw Ariel, Aurora and Cinderella and Prince Charming walking out of the Auberge!

Once upon a dream by Eline Koster, on Flickr

We did some more rides in Fantasyland and Adventureland (like Snow White, Pinocchio, Pirates and the Aladdin passage). We didn't get to do more than that because it was SO crowded!! We really wanted to ride Big Thunder Mountain but it had a 100 minute wait, which we that was too much on this hot day.

Castle by Eline Koster, on Flickr

So, we decided to go to some stores and do some shopping. We went to Harrington's on Main Street; one of our favorite stores!!

Harrington's by Eline Koster, on Flickr

Around 4 PM we were all pretty tired. We know that the Frozen; a Royal Welcome would start at 4.15 PM so we decided to wait for that. Such a great way to end this trep. While singing along to Let it Go in a bunch of different languages we walked out of the park.

Frozen sisters by Eline Koster, on Flickr

We made one more stop at the Disneyland Hotel to fresh ourselves up before we would go home.

Disneyland hotel by Eline Koster, on Flickr

These are my purchases from this trip:

This sweater, I've wanted this one for so long and I'm so happy with it!

This photo frame:

And this Elsa ornament (my sister bought the Anna one):

It was a fantastic holiday, we had such an amazing time!
I hope that I was able to take you all along with me by reading this trip report and that you enjoyed reading it!

Hopefully I go back to Disney really soon, so that I can write a new trip report haha!
Thank you all so much for reading!

What a sight! by Eline Koster, on Flickr

cazdow

Such a lovely report its really got me in the mood for my holiday. Thank you for sharing this .

lovindisney87

Fantastic report with great pictures, glad you had a great time. Thanks so much for sharing with us 😁 x
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

mdw

michaelj1973

I do like the sweater is it unisex or are there also men versions?

cinderella

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone, I'm happy you liked reading it!!

Quote from: michaelj1973 on August 15, 2015, 11:32:16 PM
The sweater is unisex, they sell them in the store right next to the Tower of Terror!  :)

michaelj1973

Quote from: cinderella on August 16, 2015, 10:07:10 PM
Quote from: michaelj1973 on August 15, 2015, 11:32:16 PM
The sweater is unisex, they sell them in the store right next to the Tower of Terror!  :)
Thank you this will be something I will be looking at in december when I visit DLP again.