Disney Blues :(

Started by Ajiira, March 19, 2015, 09:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajiira

Got a serious case of Disney Blues :(

Last week was our first trip to Disney as a family (me, my hubby, 4yr old daughter and 1 yr old little boy) and what can i say, we had an amazing time.  We stayed mon-fri in the Cheyenne which the kids loved and was great as we could walk to and from Disney no problem.  We did tag days either end of our holiday so that the day we travelled from the UK to Disney wasn't included in one of our park ticket days.  Got a great deal in the Kyriad so all had good night sleep and a full day monday for our first day with tickets.  Even managed to fit in La Vallee Village at the end of the week :)

Weather was great, parade fab, and Disney Dreams amazing!

Just one thing....Princess Pavillion :( Wow we expected to wait, but not for 2 hours, luckily our son fell asleep when we were queueing but he is quite big for his age and carrying him for 2 hours inside the turret was no easy task! No buggies allowed.

My question is, are there fast passes for this in peak seasons? My husband and I thought we had read there was so used our magic hours to make sure we got a fast pass asap only to be told there wasnt any for the pavillion. A 50 min wait didn't sound too bad though so we just queued up in the hope we may get to go back later in the day. Unfortunately the 50 min wait turned into 2 hours!

However the experience was amazing.  At the top my little girl was asked to name her 3 favourite princesses, think she was so excited she forgot, when i started to say them i was told lets wait to hear it from her!! Anyway as we went round the corner her little face lit up so much when she saw Ariel sitting there, her most favourite princess!! It was priceless but would have been so much easier with a bit less of a wait.

Having said that we've been back 4 days, already looked to into going to the Disneyland Hotel next year and would i queue 2 hours to meet a princess again? Absoloutely x

Disney Matt

Sounds amazing :)
I've been back 3 months now, got 11 to go till I go back :(
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

vampira

Disney Blues... I know exactly what you mean. I went 8 - 10 march, and still want to go back.  ;)
But I'm glad to read you had a good time.  :D
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

daddyof2

As far as I know, there are no fastpasses for the princess pavilion. However, I'm sure I have read (misleading I think) that its a "fastpass" attraction because you get a timed ticket (like fastpass rides).
When we visited last June, I heard of people queuing for 7 hours. We were definitely put off

Disney Matt

Quote from: daddyof2 on March 20, 2015, 07:29:35 PM
As far as I know, there are no fastpasses for the princess pavilion. However, I'm sure I have read (misleading I think) that its a "fastpass" attraction because you get a timed ticket (like fastpass rides).
When we visited last June, I heard of people queuing for 7 hours. We were definitely put off

How does Princess Pavillion actually work then? Is it ticketed? Or do you just turn up?
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

stifle

Quote from: Mathierson24 on March 20, 2015, 07:32:24 PM
Quote from: daddyof2 on March 20, 2015, 07:29:35 PM

How does Princess Pavillion actually work then? Is it ticketed? Or do you just turn up?

Depends on how busy they think it'll be. Sometimes you queue, sometimes they give out timed tickets in the morning (which are snapped up by EMH users).

AlmostThere...

Hi, I know what you mean, we went in October last year and I can't wait to go back!  Looks like October next year (we love the Halloween theme), I want to squeeze in a little frozen summer fun but my husband says he won't do 2 disney trips in 12 months...what a bore  :)

We went October half term each time, which is peak time I guess, the first time we had to queue to get a timed slot to come back and queue again (for pavilion I mean), last time we just had to queue which took about 2 hours.  But to be honest it took the same time really as we had to queue twice the time before that, plus hang around to make sure we didn't miss the time slot.

It was worth it, and we will do it again next year whatever the case!
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

Zee79

We went during summer 2012  waiting was 2 1/2 hours to meet Ariel, even though there are things to read once inside my children found it soooo boring and they were a little older than your daughter Ajiira. When we went at Christmas last year it was near 5hours wait to see a certain two princesses- no way was I going to queue for that long even with a 'fastpass' style ticket! That is half if not a full day or your trip gone just to get a photo, that I got when they were on a change over.

I've got the Disney blues so know what you mean. I'm not returning until Christmas/new year 2016/17  :'( We were supposedly going to do summer this year, a full fortnight in Disney I was ecstatic then hubby booked a villa near Benidorm with the rest of my family- not happy :-( so i'm torturing them looking up prices etc haha

As of today (29.6.15) have convinced them to seriously consider next summer, miss Christmas unfortunately then go May 2017 for 25th celebrations- couldn't handle the summer period then after experiencing the 20th celebrations in the summer. So fingers crossed for a possible booking :-)

Zee79

Booked for July 2016 Yeah!!!!!! No more blues  :D

Karen101

i know the feeling were in DLP for halloween 2014 and i have serious case of Disney blues ...

however we are also booked for July 2016 so maybe we will see you there!!

michaelj1973

When I drive back to the Netherlands I don't  talk through France I just drive. I start with slowly talking in Belgium and there will be my first stop. So I understand the blues.  ;D

Ajiira

One way to get over Disney blues...book again :)  Sequoia Lodge here we come Aug 2016 yippee xxx

tigger1974

I know how you feel.  I've been home 5 weeks and am suffering withdrawal symptoms.  I not going back until Halloween 2017 which seems an awful long way away   :'(

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe