I'm thinking of re-opening my DLRP wiki, what do you think?

Started by GrandiJoos, December 21, 2014, 10:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If I re-open my DLRPwiki, do you...

Like the idea and want to be closely involved.
4 (33.3%)
Like the idea and would consider contributing here and there.
5 (41.7%)
Like the idea and would browse it.
3 (25%)
Don't like the idea...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

GrandiJoos

Dear forum members,

Until a couple years back I was a huge DLRP fan and I have visited many times. I even proposed to my now wife in Disneyland Paris (just outside Auberge the Cendrillon after we had dinner there).
I even started a wiki about DLRP that contained some articles and photos but lacked a community.

We are going again this January which has revived my DLRP enthusiasm and hunger for facts (up to what does the breakfast at Sequoia Lodge exactly offer since we have a baby with us).

Therefore, I'm wondering whether I should re-open the DLRP wiki. I still have all the files and relaunching should be done within a day. However, I first want to know whether I can build a community this time. Therefore I would like to know from you what you think by filling out the poll above. I won't consider it a promise if you vote to be closely involved, but I want to get a feeling of what you think.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!!!

Euro1989

I will help in anyway I can! I love Disney and DLP, even been a cast member at WDW so hopefully my enthusiasim will only grow!

;D
Disneyland Paris - 1997
Walt Disney World - 2009
Disneyland Paris - 2010
Disneyland Paris - 2013
Walt Disney World - 2013
Disneyland Paris - 2015
Walt Disney World - 2016
Disneyland Paris - 2016
Upcoming DLP - January 2017

GrandiJoos

Hi 'Euro1989', and the other voters,

Good to read that you want to help!

I'm working on getting dlrpwiki.org back online with up-to-date software. This could take a couple of days.

In the mean time it might be a good idea to brainstorm what we could put on there. There are already some general articles about one or two of the hotels, some of the attractions, etc.

What do you guys think. Should we try to create articles for most of the attractions first ('general coverage') or pick a particular topic to write articles about?
Examples of dedicated topics could be

• Frequently Asked Questions (from forums, such as "when will it be busy", regarding shares, etc. etc.)
  • Little Known Facts
  • Hidden Mickeys
I think it is key to find something that no other site is good at and that we can easily achieve. We can then build from that.

GrandiJoos

Wow, 4 people would like to be involved, that is more than I hoped for.

I'm curious what topics you would like to work on. Please let me know in this thread.

I really hope we can revive DLRPwiki.org!

GrandiJoos

mickey_nl

A hidden Mickey topic would be great. Happy to contribute.

DisneyfanGermany

I would love to contribute in the FAQ's !
I don't know really much about Shares etc but about the Parks, so maybe i can help out (how would it go for me if it is possible?)

I think i could not be totally involved (because of time and computer knowledge haha. btw: what means 'totally involved' in this case?) but as i said i would love to contribute!

And i think it is great to have an article of everything (attractions hotels etc) - short or long - where people can find hints and practical information
Disneyland Paris: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Jan.), 2014 (March), 2014 (July), 2014 (Oct.), 2015 (Jan.)
Walt Disney World: 2004
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2014 (April)

future visits: Walt Disney World (July 2015)

Instagram: marc_leder
Instagram: disneyland_paris_photos

other theme park visits: Universal Singapore, Movie Park Germany, Legoland Germany, Fort Fun, and many others!

GrandiJoos

@Mickey_nl: A topic on hidden Mickeys sounds great, I'll add that once the wiki is online again and let you know.

@DisneyfanGermany: if you can post on a forum you can edit a wiki  ;)
DLRPwiki is meant to be a hobby for all contributors, so just contribute on topics you find fun. There will be no minimum required contribution or something like that, that won't be fun at all...
FAQ topics would indeed be very usefull. Once the wiki is online I'll create an article or 2 to get you started.

I'm not sure when I can get the wiki up and running, I'm also depending on someone else to do this but I'll keep you updated in this thread.

Thanks for your interest so far!

DisneyfanGermany

You're welcome.

It is great to have a site like this where everyone can put interesting and important stuff :)
Disneyland Paris: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Jan.), 2014 (March), 2014 (July), 2014 (Oct.), 2015 (Jan.)
Walt Disney World: 2004
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2014 (April)

future visits: Walt Disney World (July 2015)

Instagram: marc_leder
Instagram: disneyland_paris_photos

other theme park visits: Universal Singapore, Movie Park Germany, Legoland Germany, Fort Fun, and many others!

msRavenswood

I would like to contribute as well. I'd be interested in articles about attractions, maybe add some fun facts and unknown trivia.  :D