Adventure Isle make-over

Started by Kristof, May 22, 2007, 02:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Aint it cool news has some great concept art for the new Pirates Lair at Disneyland California.  When you watch 'm its almost like they just have to copy/paste this into Adventure Isle at our DLRP.  It just looks so perfect.  The Robinson theme never worked anyway, most people don't even know the movie...  

//http://www.aintitcool.com/images2007/pirateslair9.jpg

What do you think?

Source: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32742

Riebi

Yes that would be a nice idea for adventure isle  :mrgreen:
And it will fits very well in the environment!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

tubbsy

OOOH! I like! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

CafeFantasia

Definitely, Disney should do as much with the Pirates of the Carribean franchise as they can. Did you know, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is 3rd in the all-time Worldwide Box Office list? It's higher than all the Star Wars and Harry Potter movies! Incredible, isn't it? Check it out:

http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegr ... world-wide

So, as far as I'm concerned, they might as well devote Adventure Isle at Disneyland Paris entirely to Pirates of the Carribean. It's already really Piratey, so it wouldn't take too much effort to change. And yeah, the Robinsons (who?) should "leave" the treehouse and someone Piratey (who lives in treehouses) should move in :-)

Owain

This would be great to re-theme Adventure Isle.  :)

CraigDLRP!

No- Don't give them any ideas! I love the way it is. Too much of this POTC stuff taking over everything is bad. You should talk to the US Disney park fans- they are sick of it.

Lordofthemightybeasts

*grabs cutlass*
"Yarr! If any of ye bilge rats stick yer filthy hands near thar Adventure Isle, I'll send ye right back te the Seven Sea of... er, Rhye?"

Seriously, this is very unlikely to happen to Adventure Isle as, well, what possible benefit would it be to Disney? Tom Sawyer's Island had fallen into disrepair and something needed to be done about it; whether the right thing was done is your own opinion.

tubbsy

Quote"Yarr! If any of ye bilge rats stick yer filthy hands near thar Adventure Isle, I'll send ye right back te the Seven Sea of... er, Rhye?"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Not much else to say to that. It just really made me laugh!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

KittyVogt

I say do it! It looks like fun. But i think they should keep different elements of adventure isle and add more in.

And the treehouse definitely needs to be changed, I like the Tarzan tree house. However iv heard something bout Jack Sparrow treehouse. Any one know anything about that?

Riebi

I´m not for a complete redesign, but the elements looks very cool.
It will be wonderful to lift a treaser out of the adventureland sea at one side of the ile or pumping for it in a abandoned boat.  And the enhanced treasure cave looks also great.
The haven´t redesign the hole ilse but the could have some nice ad-ons.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Quotewhat possible benefit would it be to Disney?

Guest satisfaction!  Why else?  :?

Besides, there had been rumours for quite some time that there would be a POTC make-over at Adventureland. The treehouse would be transformed into Jack Sparrow's hideaway, but somehow the idea fell through. (maybe all the budget got pushed towards Toon Studio?

Never say "unlikely" at DLRP, remember how they torn out Jules Vernes out of a certain mountain in 2005?  :wink:  :lol:

Lordofthemightybeasts

Quote from: "raptor1982"Guest satisfaction!  Why else?  :?
Yes, but with the current financial situation, money would be better spent on a new attraction (which the park really needs) than changing an existing one, particularly such a minor one as Adventure Isle.

Quote from: "tubbsy":lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Not much else to say to that. It just really made me laugh!
Thanks, but I don't think any of the non-Brits got it :wink:

Dlrpfan

very nice! great too see that DLRP are putting more pirate themed stuff in adventureland
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"very nice! great too see that DLRP are putting more pirate themed stuff in adventureland
Erm.. haha! This is how rumours begin.

Glad to see I sold you on the idea, raptor!  Those concepts look brilliant.  This project fits almost too perfectly not to happen - we already have treasure caves, Davy Jones' Locker, a sunken ship, etc etc.  All these extra little games would be brilliant.  I don't think anyone would miss the Swiss Family Robinson - there's not the same kind of connection in Paris as in California... and hey, they already tore theirs out for Tarzan!

Imagine the amount of hilarious jokes they could put into the treehouse and those little description boards if it was somewhere Jack had had to build for himself after being shipwrecked.  All in the vein of hitching a ride on two turtles using human hair from his back. :lol:

If they're looking for something for Summer 2009 (or even 2008), this should be it.

pjulie75

I think a revamp would be great.  I don't really bother about Adventure Isle and usually just walk through on the way to the rides.  Swiss Family Robinson has passed its sell by date and we need something more up-to-date.  The kids visiting the park don't even know what the film is, being redeveloped to be Jack Sparrows or even Tarzans hideway would be a great idea.  I think we will need to wait and see.............. :minnie: