Wealthy Manhattan Moms Hire Disabled Tour Guides

Started by tubbsy, May 14, 2013, 05:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

Again apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place or if someone else is talking about this-I cant find it and its been a while since I posted.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manh ... Vc1zItXGDP

As a parent of a child who uses the disability pass system, I am feeling quite sick that people think its OK to do this. My son has high functioning aspergers and finds the crowded queue lines hard. He's now 10 and, over the passed few years, we've begun introducing him to queues for rides at Legoland and Chessington- He's got to learn how to queue. Its part of life.
But some people will never be able to queue and these people are taking advantage of the situation, just because they have money. They get to buy a disabilty for the day. I wonder how they would feel if they had to deal with the needs of a child with special needs, day in, day out? Because the day to day dealing with it all definately isnt a perk!  :evil:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

gemmasteele84

That is really dreadful. :( The worst thing is is they're going to end up ruining it for people who DO need it by either tighter rules being put in place or only one person being allowed with them rather than a small group.

tubbsy

Thats my thoughts. I am hoping that Disney and other theme parks are able to stop this rather than putting in restrictions, spoiling it for those who need to use the disabilities pass.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club