Hi guys, disability help...

Started by tashao, February 01, 2013, 07:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tashao

Hey guys, I'm new here and visiting the Disneyland hotel in July. We are staying in the DLH for 4 nights and my sister has to take medication every evening, but the problem is it has to be refrigerated... Now will they clear the mini bar for us, add another fridge or will it have to stay in reception? Many thanks  :D/

julesk

We emailed disney direct last week about disabilities and special requests and they where amazing. From experience last year too, they will do everything in there power to ensure your trip is safe and as easy going as possible.  :D

https://my-disneyland.disneylandparis.c ... ct-us.html  (go down to special needs)

adelaidebrumby

When I went looking for information about this (my sister also has medicine that has to be refrigerated) for our july trip it said on the website that it can be kept at reception in their fridge. We're going to have to see if they can freeze ice bricks for us too. It would be interesting to hear what others have done though!

capitalbarbie

Hi

My son has recently been diagnosed with diabetes and his insulin has to be refrigerated.  I contacted Disney to ask for a fridge in the room, they advised they could'nt put one in the room as they don't have them  :shock: BUT are either happy for us to keep it in the fridge in reception or we can bring an electric coolbox/minifridge and they are happy to let us plug it in, in room.

I have also contacted them about dietary requirements and they have been BRILLIANT  :o

Good Luck

Andrée
WDW Florida 1997
WDW Florida 1998
DLP Hotel Cheyenne 1999
WDW Florida 2006
WDW Florida 2009
DLP Hotel Cheyenne 2013

disney-dan

If it's insulin you can leave it un-refrigerated for upto 28 days if it's going to be used. So just take the number of pens you need for the trip and as long as its just in the main room (not bathroom because of temp changes) it'll be fine left at room temperature. I'm a nurse btw :-)
Have a Magical day!!

DD

capitalbarbie

Thanks, however, my control freakish nature is insisting I take a spare :)
WDW Florida 1997
WDW Florida 1998
DLP Hotel Cheyenne 1999
WDW Florida 2006
WDW Florida 2009
DLP Hotel Cheyenne 2013

minnieme

My son is disabled and has lots of medicines and special feeding milks, which need to be refridgerated. For the last 2 years at New York, we had the medicines in the fridge and I went to reception at 7 each night and they got it out for me, and I returned it back 5 mins later. They also took delivery of all his feeding equipment which was delivered to the hotel the day before. They had it ready and waiting and had it sent to the room for us.

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel this year and I have spoken with them and they will do the same for us.

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel