Cheyenne December 2013

Started by gemma2806, February 04, 2013, 06:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemma2806

Hi all, I'm hoping to go to DLP for 5 nights around the beginning to the middle of December. I haven't been over the Christmas season for over a decade and will be taking my then 4 yr old son. Can anyone please give me an idea as to what extra shows/ characters / parades etc may be on at this time of year? Also I know it's probably going to be a guess but can anyone say how busy it gets at this time of year as I went in September and it was quieter than August for example but I don't remember what the crowds were like in December 10 yrs ago!!  I will be going Sunday to Friday if this helps!

Thanks x

HFJohnson

We were there last year at the beginning of December and it was really busy on the Sunday when we arrived but really quiet after that. There were still plenty of people around but the queues for rides were really short.  We went on BTM without a fastpass and only queued for about 10 minutes! (although it helped that I remembered a tip I'd read recommending taking the left hand queue line - we walked past loads of people!)

Show-wise, they had the regular daily parade and Dreams plus the Christmas Cavalcade three times a day and the tree lighting ceremony once a day. They also had a short castle lighting ceremony using the water fountains 15 minutes before Dreams started. There was also Santas Village behind Cowboy Cookout. I also read that they were doing an Advent Calender opening ceremony in the Disneyland Hotel everyday but we didn't see that.

gemma2806

Thanks for the reply it sounds lovely I'm sure you had a wonderful time. I'm hoping to get there Sunday afternoon and stay round the hotel/Disney village to avoid the weekend crowd. I'm also hoping that the week days will then be quieter and I'm aiming to leave on Saturday morning before the crowds come back!

captain rocket

The Cavalcade was a real eye opener! They had four floats and, on the day I was there, as many performers as in Magic on Parade! This new entertainment was part of the new deal for entertainment where Glendale are in charge and it shows! I read that they intend to add a new float each year, so I will be back this Christmas season to see what's new! have a great visit.

gemma2806

Thanks captain rocket, I can't wait for my son to see this especially Santa and his reindeer. I love the toy soldiers though, they're my favourite!

Zee79

We are hoping to go New Year this year. We've been twice in December and have loved it! i actually prefer to go then.  We missed christmas 2012 and hated the fact we didn't go. Been watching clips of the calvacade online and it looked really good. We found the Cheyenne really busy in Dec 2011 especially at meal times, Santa Fe was much calmer. We ar ein two minds about which hotel to stay in this year.