Why can't you meet Pete in any Disney Park?

Started by TVTaughtMeHowToFeel, November 19, 2012, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Hi... :) Don't know if this is the right section, but here are my thoughts anyway

A couple of days ago i wondered about Disney Characters in the Parks... Some are obviously very popular so you can meet them, but some are less popular or became less popular over the years, so they disappeared. So far so good. But then I stumbled over some (in my opinion) very popular characters, who aren't represented. For example Ursula the seawitch from the little mermaid! I know shes been on parades and stuff, but as far as i know she has never been available for meet and greets. But this i can partially understand, because she's supposed to be under water and can't walk or anything. But then I thought of PETE!!! you know... the cat from the mickey cartoons... He is probably the first true disney villain... And I think that he is very popular. And if not people should get to know him. I guess his costume would be easy to make (not much difference to mickey) so my question is WHY??? Why is there no Pete to meet yet? Maybe you guys can help me!!!

Thanks in advance :)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Whyyyyyyyyyyy?  :-s
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

julesk

I have to be honest and say I have no idea who Pete is (sorry) but I completly agree. We go to Disney to see charactors and over half the ones you are desperate to see wont be there or simply never have been. Take 'Brave' for example, new charactor but no plans to add her. Then there are well know, big money makers at the movies like 'Rapunzell' and apart from a quick peak at the parade. She is pratically impossible to meet. Its all wrong. Yet they have added 'Duffy' who is not a well known charactor but he has his own meet n greet and even a full range of his own items for sale in the shops. My daughter would skip every ride to spend the day meeting everyone from Mary Poppings to Flynn Ryder.

Please add more charactors DLP  [-o<

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

I agree... You have a lot more chances to meet a variety of characters over at the american parks i guess... DLP is doing rather poor in that matter :( But even in the USA there is no Pete  :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_%28Disney%29 that's Pete :)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

perrollaz

What a great idea to have Pete and the Beagle Boys going through Main Street robbing some stores !! :-D

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beagle_Boys

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

yeah!!! why not? :D
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

disney-dan

WDW are running special days now where they bring out the long lost characters that people want to see but hardly get to. I forget the name but its a proper event that they run on a regular basis,
Have a Magical day!!

DD

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Quote from: "disney-dan"WDW are running special days now where they bring out the long lost characters that people want to see but hardly get to. I forget the name but its a proper event that they run on a regular basis,

You mean "Limited Time Magic"? Yeah they had a "long lost friends week" but it was only that one week... besides "long lost friends week" they have tons of other events going on throughout 2013... But even during that week the only Characters you could meet were: 4 Characters from Robin Hood, The 3 Little Pigs and Clarabella Cow... And those were characters which were present in the past but not recently... Pete on the other hand was never present :(
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

starlight-princess

I have also wondered this considering Pete is in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and my niece has a very soft spot for him (he's her favourite) she was disappointed that she didn't get to meet him and that he also wasn't in Playhouse Disney Live on stage at Hollywood Studios. I was hoping with the opening of Pete's Silly Sideshow that he would be one of the characters considering its named after him but unfortunately at the moment hes not :( x
Walt Disney World - 14 trips most recent October 2012.
Disneyland - 6 trips most recent May 2009.
Disneyland Paris - 19 trips most recent January 2013.
Hong Kong Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Tokyo Disney Resort still just a dream...

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

You're right... Pete's Silly Sideshow also gave me hope, that the would introduce him... but unfortunately they didn't :(
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014