Meal Plans — Half Board & Full Board options and information

Started by Anthony, May 07, 2012, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Complete guide:

Disneyland Paris Meal Plans can be booked with Disney Hotel packages, giving you meal vouchers for Full Board or Half Board that can be redeemed at a wide selection of restaurants across the resort.

The Meal Plans come in tiered options ranging in price — Hotel, Standard, Plus and Premium — with more (and higher quality) restaurants included with each step up.

Find current prices, further details and a full Meal Plan restaurant listing here.

Theholdens

Hi
We are going to DLP for the first time with children ( ages 5,3 and 1) on the 26th October for 4 nights staying at the santa fe. We have paid for the full board standard and a bit confused about where to eat. I have found the list of what restaurants we can use but not sure which ones are best for lunch and dinner? Would appreciate any help!!!!

Thanks

SVioletS

Based on Plus full board, you should choose for the lowest value voucher (they indicate it as "lunch voucher", but you can use it whenever) a counter service restaurant (e.g. Toad Hall, Au Chalet de la Marionette, Fuente del Oro...) they have cheaper, fast food menus.
For highest value voucher ("dinner voucher", but, again, you can use this for lunch if you prefer) you may choose a buffet service restaurant or a table service restaurant.
In both cases if your bill exceeds the vouchers value you may pay the difference in euros.
Please note that you don't need to eat only the menus available for standard vouchers as most restaurants accept them for their face value (except for MacDonalds and a few others i don't recall right now!).
Also your little one (1 y old) won't receive any meal voucher, as they are only assigned to children over 3 years old. But there is plenty of food and more than enough to share with older children/parents.

I hope this was helpful!

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

tsaress

My Dad has recently booked Disney Holiday with meal vouchers as he lives in france he did this in a french travel agent.
All the details he got back are correct and he's showing as premiere.

Trouble is he's just got the vouchers and it says Buffet on them not premiere he's called disney but they did not understand him.
What are the vouchers meant to say on them.
DLP March 2018, DLP October 2017, DLP June 2017, DLP April 2017
DLP July 2015, DLP Jan 2013, DLP August 2006, DLP July 1998
DLP April 1993
WDW July 1988

sarahh83

Hi we will be going to DLP 13-17th december and are going HB standard, my son is 2 when we get there but turns 3 on the 16th and we have booked cafe mickey charcter meal for lunch that day

any recomendations for the other restuarants we can use on our meal plan would be greatly appreciated:

plaza gardens
    silver spur steakhouse
    agrabah cafe
    restaurant des stars
    annettes diner
    la grange billy bob
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

polar vixen

Plaza gardens, everytime.  Restaurant des stars is good, esp. if he like sRatatouille,  from my experience Billy bobs was very crowded - not great for a calm meal with a small child, and the dessert options there weren't as varied. The main thing is to book in advance, even on the day as you can stand around waiting for a long time otherwise.  
Enjoy yourselves!

Little mermaid 240

Hi
I would also say the plaza gardens and restaurant des stars we are quite fussy and there was something for everyone in both of these and chef Remy was very cute. :)
Little Mermaid x

sarahh83

Thanks for that :) yeah he loves remi although I just think he's gonna be in amazement at everything! He keeps asking everyday if its time to go the Disney castle yet xx
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

maleficent_mum

I preferred RDS to PG last visit, RDS just seemed to have the edge on the variety of food, although I absolutely love PG for ambience, RDS is more like a school canteen IMHO.  Both of these are buffets if I had 2 days vouchers I'd choose 1 of the buffets and Annette's is always on our list of must do's anyway.  :D
*Oct 14 - 5 nights Kyriad* July 13 -  6 nights Cheyenne 1 night VdE*
*Jan 12  - 5 nights  Santa Fe *Oct 10 - 1 night Kyriad, 4 nights Cheyenne*Jan 10 - 4 nights New York*Mar 09 - 4 nights Cheyenne*Nov 07 - 3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 07 - 15th Anniversary Press Event  3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 06 5 nights Newport Bay Club (Admirals\' Floor)*Oct 04 4 nights Santa Fe*Mar 04 3 nights Cheyenne[/size]

nathandgina

Morning All,
I'm going tonight :D
Does anyone have any half board vouchers, which expire before their next visit?
Thanks,
Nathan :?:

Soap

I am not sure if the mealplans are a good option, does it really makes the difference in spending?
Never took it before, but now i am in doubt  :lol:

To be clear, what do you guys advice on it? Is it worth buying in advance?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Rafael

I think it only helps you knowing how much you will spend in advance, but you don't save money with the plan.  If you want to control your budget before going, go for it.

polar vixen

I think it helps in the sense that your food is all paid for in advance, BUT, you save UP TO 10% with the vouchers, we went for the standard ones, but if you go for the premium or plus ones and then choose to eat in a buffet style restaurant you actually end up losing money.  I think you're better off budgeting for food, you can see all the menus and prices on the dlrp website, so you can plan fairly well, and making reservations where you want to eat, but paying cash.  Remember the prices you are looking at on the menus are in euros, not punds, so comparing that with voucher value aswell, I think it's much better to pay when you get there.

polar vixen

Another negative in my opinion was that when we checked in and got our vouchers we were told that if we lost them, there was absolutely no insurance/replacement.  I must of checked about 5 times a day to make sure I still had them, alternatively if you keep them in your room, and just take out the ones you need daily, but forget one day, you've no choice but to pay cash.

Soap

No other experiences with the mealplans?  Or an opinion about them  :oops: ?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney