how to expand WDS?

Started by peter, August 28, 2011, 12:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

Going back to the original question of how to expand the Walt Disney Studios Park:

• Replace Animagique with a good show (either Mickey's PhilharMagic or Finding Nemo - The Musical)
• Add Toy Story Midway Mania! (either with the original Toy Story theme, or a new Monsters, Inc. one)
• Add Soarin' (either with an Iron Man/Avengers theme, or an Up! one)
• Add the Red Car Trolley soon to open at Disney California Adventure (to add some kinetics to the park)

And some less realistic ideas:

• Add the Avatar flight simulator currently being developed for Disney's Animal Kingdom
• Bring Radiator Springs Racers to Europe

|Q|

Quote from: "Alan"• Replace Animagique with a good show (either Mickey's PhilharMagic or Finding Nemo - The Musical)

If we need a 9 years old 3d movie, i'd really prefer the Muppets one.

Quote from: "Alan"• Add Toy Story Midway Mania! (either with the original Toy Story theme, or a new Monsters, Inc. one)

Putting TSMM behind TSPL would make it the best themed version of all resorts, and would give a totally different meaning to the off the shelf rides that right now sits there (i mean, it's not that bad if they're just the side dishes)

Quote from: "Alan"• Add Soarin' (either with an Iron Man/Avengers theme, or an Up! one)

I think that putting Soarin' in the studios only because its media is a movie would be a bad choice, it would detract from the attraction itself (cause, you know, you're not really flying, it's a movie in a studio park), and it would be a lot better fitted in Discoveryland (a land that has a lot to do with travel and flying machines, and not movies ;)

I want that rumored retheming of the backlot in a Marvel area to be true. Make it look like an urban, NYC like area. R'n'RC would be a secret SHIELD base, where they research the technology behind Asgardian magic, and they send you throught the Bifröst, the Rainbow Bridge to Asgard. The stunt show could be a Captain America Vs. the HYDRA with cars and motorbikes. And then that rumored robocoaster (would be too good to be true) could fit in a Stark Enterprises/Iron Man setting. (how cool would be walkaround characters like Iron Man and Hulk =)

Quote from: "Alan"• Add the Red Car Trolley soon to open at Disney California Adventure (to add some kinetics to the park)

To do so they should first build a complete "hollywood boulevard" of some kind.

Q

Josh

It would make sense if we had a Buena Vista Street. The left half of DCA and WDSP are very much alike, so they could easily share some of the stuff.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Thaliel

Not sur how to fit it in, but I would really like to see a splash mountain in DLP
That and a real Toontown with all the major character houses
<-Plz click

|Q|

Quote from: "Josh"The left half of DCA and WDSP are very much alike, so they could easily share some of the stuff.

How?

Quote from: "Thaliel"That and a real Toontown with all the major character houses

I want Duckburg =]

Q

CentralPlazaPerson

- Change Toon Studio into Pixar land.
- Add more Thrill/movie set related rides. Test Track would be cool. I
- No more new generation rides.

Josh

Quote from: "|Q|"
Quote from: "Josh"The left half of DCA and WDSP are very much alike, so they could easily share some of the stuff.
How?
They're set in Hollywood.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

|Q|

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"- No more new generation rides.

?

Quote from: "Josh"
Quote from: "|Q|"
How?
They're set in Hollywood.

Ok, i thought that you meant they had a similar layout. The only ride in that area of DCA that i'd REALLY want (not mentioning the RCT, but that's another story) it's the Muppet attraction.

Q

CentralPlazaPerson

Rides based on recent Disney movies like Tangled or Princess and the Frog which have no reason to be in the Studios.

|Q|

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"Rides based on recent Disney movies like Tangled or Princess and the Frog which have no reason to be in the Studios.

Yeah, i got that, but WHY?

Q

Josh

Because their stories are more appropriate for the Magic Kingdom-style parks.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

|Q|

Quote from: "Josh"Because their stories are more appropriate for the Magic Kingdom-style parks.

Meaning that, Ratatouille, the Incredibles, Cars and all the other Pixar stuff (or Disney's Wreck-It Ralph) would fit better in the Disneyland Parc? Are you saying, for real?

I mean, our Magic Kingdom park is the only one (thanx to the presence of Discoveryland and not Tomorrowland) being totally set in the past, and that's a strenght. So i think that the second gate it's the best place to put more contemporary IPs. Actually, the ONLY strenght of a Studios park is that u can plop in it anything, and in some ways it will fit (even, hey, comic book based characters! lol)

Q

Josh

Quote from: "|Q|"Meaning that, Ratatouille, the Incredibles, Cars and all the other Pixar stuff (or Disney's Wreck-It Ralph) would fit better in the Disneyland Parc? Are you saying, for real?
Ha ha. No. Just Tangled and The Princess and the Frog specifically. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

CentralPlazaPerson

Well right now we have no other choice than to put them into Toon Studio but I say leave it all there and leave the rest of the park alone in regards to new generation movies etc.

gemmasteele84

I'm not sure what its called but that big cinima where the guy gets 'sucked into the movie' could really be replaced with something better. Ive seen i twice (second time to get out of the rain for a bit) and I've never even seen it a quater full. Another live show or even a 4d cinema
I love the idea of some kind of marvel theme. Its a huge name to capitilise on and would make visiting much more appealing to families with teenage boys (or in my case a marvel obsessed husband, lol) I mean most girls never grow out of the idea of being a princess but buzz lightyear is only appealing to boys for so long. ;)