Tim's Disney Vault: Euro Disney 1993 videos

Started by *TIMMIE*, March 13, 2011, 07:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*TIMMIE*

Hello,

I recently found a 1,5 hour video of a Euro Disney visit in 1993 (when I was 11 ;) ). I believe some visitors find these old vids interessting. I will edit the vid into small parts, and will update them soon (in this first post).

First part: Newport Bay Club
[youtube:6o60tgaz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcL_4Lr7qXY[/youtube:6o60tgaz]
Unfortunately I cannot show the suite, as there are too many people on there. I do not know if they would like to be on youtube. ;)

Second part: Main Street Electrical Parade & Fireworks
[youtube:6o60tgaz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrQYpXsxmEo[/youtube:6o60tgaz]

Third part: Billy Bobs band
[youtube:6o60tgaz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nn8LdZMXSw[/youtube:6o60tgaz]

Next: Daily parade.

davewasbaloo

Thank you o much for sharing these, so many great memories. To me MSEP is the greatest night time parade Disney has ever done, and seeing the Moody Brothers performing at Billy Bob's is a great memory. My wife and I spent many an evening in their company when we were courting! In fact we sometimes would go to DLP just to go dancing to their music, and we would be dressed in full western gear.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Thanks for the videos!

Was MSEP costum made for DLRP or did they re-use one from the US parks?

Is there still live music at Billy Bob's Saloon, because I remember being there a band played country music, but I don't remember if it was 2007 or 2008. I thought I did make some pictures, but it seems I did not.

davewasbaloo

The costumes were made for DLP, though some were based on the US ones.

There is still live music now, just not as many nights, and not the amazing Moody Brothers.

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"The costumes were made for DLP, though some were based on the US ones.

There is still live music now, just not as many nights, and not the amazing Moody Brothers.

Actually I meant the parade itself and not the costumes. I wanted to know if the MSEP used at DLP was the same like the one used in the US, or if it was built for DLP?

davewasbaloo

There were 2 MSEP parades, the units from California or WDW (can't remember which) were shipped to Paris. But in 2000, it was possible to see MSEP in Paris and in WDW during the same time frame.

And in Tokyo, Dreamlights is/was an upgraded version.

dagobert

Thanks for the answer. I didn't know that both US parks had a MSEP.

nemo1981

Very interesting,that the fireworks were behind the disneyland hotel....Does anyone know why??

dagobert

Quote from: "nemo1981"Very interesting,that the fireworks were behind the disneyland hotel....Does anyone know why??

It seems that they used Lake Disney for the fireworks. Maybe there was a special event??

*TIMMIE*

I thought it was common that the fireworks were over there around that period of time. It was the same as at my visit in 1994 if I remember correctly. :) Should be around "Pinksteren" (Whitsun???).

Patrick

The reason for the fireworks being in Lake Disney area was due to the regulations put into place following the complaints from surrounding towns and villages as far as I have read.  This being the main reason why today only large shell fireworks are used for New Years Eve and Bastille, for they are only allowed to be fired from behind Fantasyland during that time.  Hence why in the summer the fireworks are very a quiet and small affair..