[RCT2] Walt Disney Studios

Started by Kyle, July 19, 2010, 06:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle

Hey everyone, I'm a bit new here but I'd like to show my little project I've been working on.

Basically, I've made my own fictional WDS park in the game RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 (RCT2). For anyone unfamiliar with the game, you basically create your own theme parks and rides. Anyways, on this site I visit, //nedesigns.com, there was a contest run where I was to make a "launched rollercoaster". I built a medium sized Intamin AG Accelerator, and themed it to Rock 'n' Roll, and eventually that evolved into a full WDS park. Unfortunately, due to time constraints I was only able to make a small portion of the park, and now I've decided to expand the entire park along with a major face-lift to the existing area. Think of this as another WDS/DCA/HKDL-era park, one that opened small and is pleading for major expansion.

Throughout the time of building I'll be showing concept art, maps, diagrams, etc. as well as the final product, so you guys will seriously be seeing the park "from sketch to reality" with every post. In the end I'll post a download for anyone who's willing/capable of seeing the park in game.

From that I welcome you to Walt Disney Studios Park Sydney, part of the Disneyland Sydney Resort.

Here's the aerial as of the end of the contest, as you can easily see the park is quite small with only a few attractions.

Grab your ticket and walk through the stylistic art deco gates of WDS Sydney

Unlike any Disney park in the world, WDS Sydney opens up into a small lake, entitled Echo Lake.

Hard Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, the newest "big" Disney coaster. Unfortunately it lacked the theming of its counterparts.

WDS Sydney still featured great architecture throughout, showing how great the park could potentially be.

Well, there's a portion of the park at opening. From here, you'll be able to see the park throughout it's major redevelopment, consisting in various phases. The start of Phase 2 will be posted shortly, so hang on tight.

JelleP

Looks very cool!
How much time did you put in it? It seems very difficult to create! :thumbs:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

-breeno-

Wow, nice work!

I've always been a fan of the RCT games, I recently got RCT3 for my laptop (and thankfully it runs smoothly, a big sigh of relief for me :P ) and I'm tempted on creating a DLP-style park myself.  Do you have any idea if you can download existing parks from the internet or even just attractions?  I'd like to start with the current park then add my own extensions.

As for your park it looks great, I especially like the idea of Hard Rock 'n' Rollercoaster (possibly name for RnRC if Aerosmith very unexpectedly pulls out?) where the guitar's neck is part of the track.

I look forward to your updates! :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

15MagicalYears

Great Job!
I'm also a fan of the RCT games. Breeno - normaly if you search around you'll be able to find parks to download. Most, though, will include custom scenery packs. So make sure you've got the specified scenery packs installed or you'll game will crash, soo frustrating!

JelleP

Quote from: "-breeno-"Do you have any idea if you can download existing parks from the internet or even just attractions?
Here you go! If you need anything (like Main Street sets etc) and you don't know their names, just PM me ;)
http://www.rct-theme-world.de/rct-liste ... e-list.htm

Hint: Download everything from ShyGuy (must-haves :P)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

-breeno-

Quote from: "JelleP"
Quote from: "-breeno-"Do you have any idea if you can download existing parks from the internet or even just attractions?
Here you go! If you need anything (like Main Street sets etc) and you don't know their names, just PM me ;)
http://www.rct-theme-world.de/rct-liste ... e-list.htm

Hint: Download everything from ShyGuy (must-haves :P)
Wow nice site, thanks for the link! :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Kyle

Anyways, moving to Walt Disney Studios Sydney's Phase II expansion, roughly drawn out in these renderings below. Keep in mind, as the park is more developed these renderings will hopefully become more clear as everything starts with a small, 'messy ' spark whether it be placed on a canvas or napkin. You guys will be seeing just about everything, so expect a lot of napkins.

Like Walt Disney Studios, WDS Sydney opened with many 'holes', or blatantly obvious empty parcels of land taken up by either small-scale landscaping or in this case, a large, unthemed queue line.

From there begins Phase II, the start of which involves turning HRnR's queue area into a sub-land, entitled Rock 'n' Roll Ave. To compliment the coaster and to give the guests a nice transition from Echo Lake to the new, currently undeveloped hub area (Phases II/III). Shown below is one of the first sketches of RnR Ave., meant to resemble a lively nighttime cityscape, much in the style that Studio 1 offers.

and the final product..

Comments/criticism much appreciated.