A new attraction inspired by a film ?

Started by Timbo, July 12, 2010, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbo

Does anyone have a favourite Disney film that they think would make a wonderful new ride or attraction ? I mean a film that you loved and wondered why there was never a ride never built around it !
I would love to see something with a TRON theme especially with the new film coming out soon , I always thought the style of the movie was so unique that it would make a great ride , a roller coaster style ride or even a 3D film with effects could be brilliant  ! WALL-E could also make a good attraction. Let me know what film you wish they made a proper attraction of !

15MagicalYears

This is funny you posted this. Me and my friend chatted about this for hours a while ago. We discussed how many amazing attraction possibilities The Princess and the Frog has!
It started off with just ideas for a coaster - Dr Facilliers VooDoo Coaster. A whole coaster dedicated to the "Friends on the other side" scene from the movie. We dres some sketches while I'll probably scan and upload sometime soon.

Soon, our ideas expanded into a possible land themed New Orleans and The Princess and the Frog. With Tianna's place, a bayou water ride and of course Dr Faciliers Voo-Doo coaster.

Scissorsboi

Interesting you went for a coaster for Dr Facilier, I went for an overlay for a Cars Race Rally type ride, enclosed with some nifty UV lighting to make the colours stand out! I do agree, he would be a very good villain for a ride!

I'd personally like to see the Be Our Guest restaurant come over and complete what was originally planned for Paris! (I wonder why they didn't call it the Be Our Guestaurant?). You could probably get away with a few Classics to Dark Rides for Fantasyland, I'd imagine a Lady and the Tramp one would be pretty beautiful to see, very atmospheric movie so it'd translate well.

However, I still maintain that Disney's best attractions are when they put a spin on tradional ones with their own storylines, look at The Mountains, Haunted Mansions, Pirates of the Carribean, they're all staples of Disney parks and from the imagineers own imagination!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

CafeFantasia

One thing, I think attractions inspired by (or based on) films, date much quicker than attractions based on original (perhaps more generic) ideas, particuarly if the attractions contain video/film of popular actors.

Personally I'd like to see a Soarin' ride with an Iron Man theme. I think that would be really cool. And Disney could actually do that now, since they own Iron Man.

Scissorsboi

I think movie based films work if they're considered as Classics, whereas the more unknown films don't translate well. I totally forgot about the Marvel rights, maybe a Mission Space with a Fantastic Four theme? I'd like to see what they could do with that technology!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Timbo

I love the unique rides like POTC etc but some of the film based rides are Disney classics , Peter Pan or Snow White have been in the parks for decades.
Alan is quite right about the film rides dating quickly ,take a quick look at HISTA and you know it is years old by the clothes etc

Columbiad

I'd like to see a dark-ride/coaster themed to Bedknobs and Broomsticks - kinda a Crush's Coaster/Space Mountain Coaster with dark-ride intervals. :)

CafeFantasia

Quote from: "Timbo"Alan is quite right about the film rides dating quickly ,take a quick look at HISTA and you know it is years old by the clothes etc

Thanks. I should've been clearer. When I said films, I meant live-action films (such as Honey I Shrunk The Kids) as opposed to animated films (such as Beauty and the Beast).

Getting back on topic, I'd really like to see Splash Mountain come to Disneyland Park. However, if Disney wanted to freshen it up a bit, and cut all ties to Song of the South, why not give it a Princess and the Frog theme? I mean, there are lots of similarities: bayous, rivers, animals playing instruments, alligators, frogs, paddle steamers, etc.

The main songs used in Splash Mountain could be replaced with songs from the Princess and the Frog.

• "How Do You Do?" outside becomes Down in New Orleans
• "How Do You Do?" inside becomes When We're Human
• "Ev'rybody's Got a Laughin' Place" becomes Friends on the Other Side
• "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" becomes Dig a Little Deeper

Some people will hate this idea, but how about adding New Orleans Square to Disneyland Park in Paris (as suggested by @15MagicalYears)? It would replace the Cottonwood Creek Ranch part of Frontierland. The Cowboy Cookout Barbeque could become Tiana's Place, and the Frontierland Station could become a beautiful jazz-age New Orleans station. The Mark Twain come be rethemed as a New Orleans paddle steamer, like the one in the film.

Snow_White_Girl

I've always been shocked that there was never a Beauty and the Beast ride, I think one was originally planned for DLP and then shelved, or am I wrong?? I always feel the absence of a Little Mermaid ride too, though not anymore as it looks as though they're doing fabulous things with that at DCA right now :)

\":lamp:\"

Timbo

There was a Beauty and the Beast attraction planned for just after opening , the area is still unused ! It is the area of trees and a grass bank opposite the teacups ride , right next to Bella Notte . lets keep our fingers crossed it will come one day !

Timbo

CafeFantasia

"Beauty and the Beast will invite everyone to be their guests in Fantasyland". It's in the Grand Opening of Euro Disney video. Basically it was going to be an indoor stage show, with an animatronic beast and a live actress playing Belle. And from the looks of things, it took place inside the ballroom:

[youtube:2i992ns9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEXPM5Ef590[/youtube:2i992ns9]

Keywords: Euro Disneyland, Grand Opening Of Euro Disney, 1992, Future Attractions, Coming Attraction, Fantasyland, New Rides, DLP, DLRP, EDL, Imagineering, WDI, Concept Art

Snow_White_Girl

Ahhh thank you for posting the video!! You have just given me a massive flashback to being 7 years old and watching that on the TV at my gran's :D

Still hopeful that Beauty and the Beast will make its way into a ride at some point...! ;)

\":lamp:\"

disneyrules

I would love there to be a ride based on beauty and the beast it is such an amazing film and it really deserves to have a ride based on it. :D  
I think a jungle book ride would be great aswell and i would like to see an aristocats ride. :thumbs:
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1: