Test Track ... at DLP ... how cool would that be

Started by lynnemcwhinnie, April 28, 2010, 10:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynnemcwhinnie

Test Track ... at DLP ... how cool would that be  :shock:
I have heard (from this forum) that Splash Mountain might ... eventually ... make an appearance at DLP, but can see both the benefit (great ride) and the reality, that you might spend hours wet and uncomfortable in the French climate.  Let's be honest, half the fun of getting soaked is knowing that you'll be dry in a matter of minutes in Florida (anyone ever did the Popeye and Bluto's bilge barges .. :lol: I was still wet in the afternoon, even in the Florida heat).  However, imagine that the Disney folks had a budget and they asked for our votes on the next ride to be built at DLP  =D>  ... would your vote go to Test Track (one of my all-time-favourite rides).  It would be great sited right beside the Stunt Show Spectacular ... oh, oh, oh, I can dream  :D/
DLP May 1992, Jun 1995, Apr 1999, May 2001, Aug 2003, Sep 2006, Nov 2007, Mar 2008, Oct 2008, Dec 2009, Oct 2010, Nov 2010, Dec 2010, Aug 2011, Oct 2011, Nov 2014, Oct 2015
WDW Jun 1990, May 1992, Apr 1994, Mar 1995, Sep 1997, Jun 1998, Ju 2003, Sep 2008, Sep 2009, Sep 2013
DC Jun 2006
Future Disney Visits: DLP Nov 2017, WDW Sep 2018

smurfy74

test track is being re done for carsland at DCA so i would like to see how that turns out. For me Splash is still my preferred option :-)

dagobert

Test Track is indeed a great ride, we loved it at WDW. I have never experienced Splash Mountain, because it was closed at WDW due to maintenance, but I think I would also prefere Splash Mountain over Test Track, because the theming is so much nicer than Test Track in Epcot.
But I can imagine a version of Test Track like Carsland to be built in WDS or a version themed to Discoveryland.

After Captain EO they could tear down the showbuilding and build a Test Track ride themed to Jules Verne like they did at Tokyo DisneySea with Journey To The Center Of The Earth. Maybe there is not enough space, but they can also remove the Toy Story Restaurant.

stevo505

Quote from: "smurfy74"test track is being re done for carsland at DCA so i would like to see how that turns out. For me Splash is still my preferred option :-)

I have never ridden Test Track, so I'm eager to see how Radiator Springs Racers at DCA will turn out.  A ride using this sort of technology would be great for DLP or WDS, I think.

jwagner

Quote from: "dagobert"After Captain EO they could tear down the showbuilding and build a Test Track ride themed to Jules Verne like they did at Tokyo DisneySea with Journey To The Center Of The Earth. Maybe there is not enough space, but they can also remove the Toy Story Restaurant.

or they build it where autopia is right now.
autopia AND test track side by side sounds boring :?

montaguewarner

How about using Test Track technology with Some sort of car based on the old Rocket Rods attraction at the Disneyland Resort to replace Autopia! It would look VERY Discoveryland like!
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

dagobert

Quote from: "jwagner"
Quote from: "dagobert"After Captain EO they could tear down the showbuilding and build a Test Track ride themed to Jules Verne like they did at Tokyo DisneySea with Journey To The Center Of The Earth. Maybe there is not enough space, but they can also remove the Toy Story Restaurant.

or they build it where autopia is right now.
autopia AND test track side by side sounds boring :?

I can't imagine that Disney would close Autopia. It is still a very popular ride for families and children. Without Autopia there is just Orbitron for children to enjoy and kids, especially boys, like to ride a car on their own. Disneyland is for everyone and not just for thrill-seekers.

montaguewarner

I still think Rocket Rods style attraction is a no brainer for Discovery land attraction! If you haven't read about Rocket Rods it has a rather interesting story! Go read on yesterland.com. Of course DLP would have to avoid the mistakes that Disneyland made with their Rocket Rods but perhaps an E ticket of Test Track with rocket rod style cars for the far future when perhaps the appeal of Autopia has faded?
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe