The X Factor Experience at WDS

Started by montaguewarner, May 15, 2010, 12:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montaguewarner

I was trawling the net the other day and came up with an idea that may be great for WDS!

I have a guilty pleasure of Watching American Idol although with all its product placement it's a bit sinful!  :D
However I saw that WDW jumped on the band wagon a while ago as the winner's of American Idol go to WDW after the Finale show and now of course its the American Idol Experience at DHS.

Here in the UK, Pop Idol (American Idol's original British counterpart) fell a long time ago, however The X Factor continues to be one of the highest rated shows to date, So how about The X Factor Experience?

It fits in perfectly with the storyline of WDS, Its cheap to build (TV Sets are notoriosuly easy and cheap to create but under the lights they look great) It has a HUGE capacity and Continent-Wide Appeal, I think i'm right in saying that the show is already huge in Spain and Italy, but the show's creator, Simon Cowell, is keep for world-wide domination and I'm sure that Nouvelle Star (Based on Pop Idol and American Idol) will be soon crushed by the X Factor working its way onto the small screens around France. I think something like this has everything going for it!

The Prizes would be fairly easy aswell, VIP Fastpasses, an upgrade to Disneyland Hotel Suite for your stay etc.  :D
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

montaguewarner

Correction! Just found out X Factor has just finished its First Season in France! So it's a known brand now!
Also the producers are Freemantle Media, producers of The American Idol Experience at WDW so we already have DIsney connections here
This has everything going for it right?
Past Visits

luke85

I personally couldn't think of anything worse!

tubbsy

:lol: its not something I'd like but my 15 year old would love it :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

toritinker

Hmmm I wouldn't like this at all sorry!! Don't really see the link between X factor and Disney...
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

mattboywonder

Quote from: "luke85"I personally couldn't think of anything worse!

I agree 100%
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

montaguewarner

Quote from: "mattboywonder"

I agree 100%

Fair enough! Not even for a quick fix? Sorry, I think that I should be banished for ever suggesting a quick Fix for A Disney Park, DCA knows not to do that at least! :)
Past Visits

tubbsy

Aw :( Nobody joinging me for some YMCA???? :lol: No.... :p Like I said, I could see certain members of my family loving it-even for the giggle factor.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

montaguewarner

Quote from: "tubbsy"Aw :( Nobody joinging me for some YMCA???? :lol: No.... :p Like I said, I could see certain members of my family loving it-even for the giggle factor.

Sure it's not for everyone! But i do think it fits in well with the Story of WDS and don't get me wrong I LOVE Crush, Cars, and TSPL, but in the grand scheme of things, where do they fit within WDS? This certainly would bring in the Television aspect to Film and TV Production - what WDS is supposed to be!
Past Visits

JelleP

Quote from: "montaguewarner"Sure it's not for everyone! But i do think it fits in well with the Story of WDS and don't get me wrong I LOVE Crush, Cars, and TSPL, but in the grand scheme of things, where do they fit within WDS? This certainly would bring in the Television aspect to Film and TV Production - what WDS is supposed to be!
Well said, montaguewarner. But: the whole idea behind the WDS was to be a Behind the Scenes-studio. Of course that was because of the lack of money, otherwise we would have a Hollywood-that-never-was-Studio right now. I think DLP is changing the 'Behind the Scenes'-Studios into the 'Hollywood that never was'-Studios. Think about the ToT, the Hollywood Blv. and the Toon Studios. I personally don't know how TSPL will fit in that theme, but I think that's why DLP is investing so much at the WDS and not in the DLP.

That's also the reason why I don't think this attraction would fit in the Studios anymore. It would be perfect as an attraction when it first opened: covered (as many of the rides) and in a 'Behind the Scenes'-Style. But now, with the 'Hollywood that never was'-theme coming up, I don't think it fits in the Studios!
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

montaguewarner

Quote from: "JelleP"
Quote from: "montaguewarner"Sure it's not for everyone! But i do think it fits in well with the Story of WDS and don't get me wrong I LOVE Crush, Cars, and TSPL, but in the grand scheme of things, where do they fit within WDS? This certainly would bring in the Television aspect to Film and TV Production - what WDS is supposed to be!
Well said, montaguewarner. But: the whole idea behind the WDS was to be a Behind the Scenes-studio. Of course that was because of the lack of money, otherwise we would have a Hollywood-that-never-was-Studio right now.

It would be perfect as an attraction when it first opened: covered (as many of the rides) and in a 'Behind the Scenes'-Style. But now, with the 'Hollywood that never was'-theme coming up, I don't think it fits in the Studios!

You know what i think your exactly right, I would WAY prefer the newer "Hollywood" style over the cheaper Behind the Scenes look, Hell this was my idea and you're persuading me against it!  :lol: But yes, i think the Hollywood idea is a much better Disney theme park style, i know DHS was much more Behind the Scenes when it opened and now its much more Hollywood in Florida with TOT, Fantasmic, RARC etc!

Quote from: "JelleP"but I think that's why DLP is investing so much at the WDS and not in the DLP.

I personnaly think its fantastic that ED are investing in WDS rather than DLP - In my opinion DLP is the best Disney park on the planet and along with some maitennce which it sometimes lacks it doesn't need any new major attractions within the near future whereas WDS most certainly does! Good and right on track DLP!  :thumbs:
Past Visits

Timbo

Quote from: "mattboywonder"

I agree 100%
Add me to this list !!!

_Natalie_x

I do amateur dramatics myself and have performed in disney but actually would hate this ! :lol:  X Factor is soo much of a bore already without trying to bring it into Disney, I think it'd be a shame for all the adults trying to enjoy disney land too if theyre child wanted to spend a day trying to win a singing comp!
my close friends have done the American Idol one in WDW and it takes up a long time which is fine there because you go for like 2 weeks but I think it would quickly take up time on a short break in Paris !

Nice imaginative thinking but i reaally hope not !
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Patti.Moon

This would Ruin DLP! I dont think i could hadle Xfactor experience aswell as all the tween things they are encorperating into the disney parks!
I perform in shows in my spare time with _Natalie_x and i think we both know people who would jump at this opurtunity but personally i think it would be a waste of time as people usually go to paris for mini breaks. Also would it work because the american idol experience in WDW gives you a fast pass to the judges auditions in american Idol but how would this work in europe, they would have to dish them out to different countries and depending on when and where the xfactors are filming this would be verry confusing to the auditiones!

montaguewarner

Quote from: "Patti.Moon"Also would it work because the american idol experience in WDW gives you a fast pass to the judges auditions in american Idol but how would this work in europe, they would have to dish them out to different countries and depending on when and where the xfactors are filming this would be verry confusing to the auditiones!

Fair point! Very true. Although I don't entirly agree that Paris is JUST for mini-breaks, sure in the 90's. But i would say anywhere from 4-7 days for the ave. holiday there now don't you think! I mean not the locals who can go for a day when they feel like it!
Past Visits