Started by Martyng, January 11, 2007, 04:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyng

Does anyone have any pictures of the village when it first opened?

Samninetysix

Wasn't it called Festival Disney when it first opened in 1992?

Patrick

Yes it was, Festival Disney was Disney Village's name until 1997.  When it was renamed to Disney Village for the 5th Anniversary and also to try and make it more popular.  I think it was 1997 anyway.

CraigDLRP!

Does anyone have a picture of the entrance arch with "Festival Disney" on it?

Anthony

The arch wasn't there when it was called Festival Disney, there was just a very plain metal fence.  I think it was added when the name changed, just after Planet Hollywood and Gaumont Cinemas were added.

Samninetysix

Quote from: "CraigDLRP!"Does anyone have a picture of the entrance arch with "Festival Disney" on it?

I checked mine from 1993 and 1995 and all i have is some pics of the Buffalo Bill people riding through Festival Disney and a 1993 pic showing the park entrance at the Disney Hotel as Euro Disneyland.

Raci

Quote from: "CraigDLRP!"Does anyone have a picture of the entrance arch with "Festival Disney" on it?
Not sure if this is the one you mean but there's a quiz on a different site and this was 1 of the Q's. If you follow the link in the final post there is also a pic. Hope its what you're looking for:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php ... 622&page=2