A Narnia Attraction for the Studios?

Started by Anthony, December 29, 2005, 02:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

OK, so I'm now officially in love with the film (a little late, but still), and I think a simple meet n greet location isn't enough!!!  We need a full, proper E-Ticket attraction for this film!

Here's a few suggestions of my own, but please add any you have:

1. Soaring Over Narnia

I was desperately thinking how they could fit the film into a ride last night, and this just seemed perfect.  IMO Soarin' is an attraction we really should have in DLRP, because it's good for the whole family, yet big and impressive and new!  It can't go into DLP, and it'd be hard to fit it into WDS, so this could be a perfect way to get it in there.  Strangely, Alan on DLP.info also had the same idea:

I haven't thought it through much, but the queue would take you through a wardrobe, into an indoor Narnia snowy forest set, and ultimately to the White Witch's castle. The pre-show would take place in her prison. Mr Tumnus (in animatronic form) explains that he needs your help; you need to save Narnia!

Then, you board the ride. I don't know how they'd explain the large suspended seating system. Perhaps it could be themed as some sort of woodern flying contraption?!? Something to do with Aslan's army perhaps.

The ride film would be one continuous shot, completely computer animated. You'd start off by flying over Narnia in it's perpetual winter. But then slowly it would warm up and the landscape would blossom and bloom. You'd then fly over the major battle scene, and ultimately see Aslan crowned King of Narnia.

2. Narnia EMV Ride

I'm not sure how this would work, but it'd allow for lots of cool Animatronics as well as a way to get this amazing ride system into WDS.  I'm thinking that maybe you could ride on board a sleigh, but I'm not sure which one.  Should it take the evil route with you climbing aboard the White Witch's sleigh?  Or maybe Father Christmas'?  Either way, it should probably be a ride through the story of the film, starting in Winter by the lampost and ending with the crowning of the kings and queens...

The attraction building could be themed like the old house in the story, with you then going inside and arriving at the loading station through the wardrobe.

3. Narnia Dark Ride

Like above, but with a smaller budget and no EMV stuff!

Got any more ideas?  Or suggestions/comments about the ones above?  With Narnia doing so well, I hope we do one day see an attraction based on it.  We do have an attraction based on Armageddon afterall, so anything's possible...  :wink:

Patrick

I think the EMV one would be cool, though I think a more realistic one which would still be fun would be a Narnia dark ride, since come on DLRP really would they use so much money on this ride, though the EMV would be so fantastic to have, sourin would be nice, though not as impressive if you ask me.

As for the EMV I think if it did ever come into being it should be seasonal thing, as in during the normal seasons it would be you are riding the white witches sleigh and then for the festive period you would be riding in Father Christmas's sleigh, since after all thanks to these 3 children Narnia finally got winter to end and christmas to come again :wink: , so it could be done out like that every christmas, it could even be the WDS festive attraction just like the Haunted Mansion gets a festive makeover in DLR and TDL, Narnia could be made, but could have a christmas layout as well, not like there would not be enough snow in that attraction anyway.  
The Dark ride though, what would you ride around in, suppose again a sleigh would be the only decent explanation, unless they somehow made it like you were on horseback riding through the story etc, that would be interesting, though that I suppose is more delving into the world of a steeplechase roller coaster :lol: .  Still I think it's a great idea and could be pulled off so well and be exclusive to Walt Disney Studios and no other resort, therefore putting Disneyland Resort Paris in the spotlight once again :wink: .

Kristof

How about a plain 3D movie with some neat in theatre effects?  :idea:

The Butlin Boy

Maybe they could make a Narnia version of "le Visionarium", they could call it somthing like "Narnia Vision"!

Miss Tinkerbell

l'm going to sound really stupid probably but l don't really understand what an EMV is  :oops:

Bambi

EMV means Enhanced Motion Vehicles-kinda like the Doom buggies in Phantom Manor.
I think that would be a great idea for a Narnia ride!

Anthony

Quote from: "Bambi"EMV means Enhanced Motion Vehicles-kinda like the Doom buggies in Phantom Manor.
I think that would be a great idea for a Narnia ride!
An EMV is like the ride vehicles at the Indiana Jones Adventure at California and Tokyo, and also like Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom.

It's much more advanced than Phantom Manor and carries much more people.  Imagine Les Voyages de Pinocchio on a grand scale (the vehicles in that twist and turn a bit like a very simple emv).

Imagine a huge ride vehicle almost the size of a POTC boat.  Now, not only can it drive forwards like normal, but as it does so the "motion base" the guests are sitting on can tilt to every angle.  So when the vehicle goes down a small hill, it can tilt forward to make it seem like a much bigger hill.  And if they Imagineers want to suggest the track is bumpy (like the temple corrdors of Indy), then it can tilt from side to side quickly and make it seem like a bumpy jeep.

Here's an image from a fan project which gives you good idea what they're like:

I think the sleigh ride EMV idea is still AMAZING.  That would be so incredibly perfect for WDS...

Nala_84

...sorry I'm going offtopic now, but has anyone heard something of this Pride Rock Safari Idea? I liked it so much and wouldn't it be great if Imagineers would think about it again? :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Dlrpfan

oooh still  off topic but that might sound good in a animal kingdom new themed park at Dlrp
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

There's a topic about it here if you want to discuss more: viewtopic.php?t=687

It would be a really cool idea.  The Lion King is a hard film to make an attraction out of, and I think they pretty much nailed it with this idea.

But are people still interested in TLK characters, the same as they are with Crush and Dory, for example? :?

Jon

quick fact that i got from 'disneyland then now and forever ' about the indy EMV 'each veichle features its very own on board computer system that monitors all aspects of the attraction, including audio, lighting and course-the system is capable of 160,000 unique journey combinations.'
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

Bambi

QuoteAn EMV is like the ride vehicles at the Indiana Jones Adventure at California and Tokyo, and also like Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom.

It's much more advanced than Phantom Manor and carries much more people. Imagine Les Voyages de Pinocchio on a grand scale (the vehicles in that twist and turn a bit like a very simple emv).

Imagine a huge ride vehicle almost the size of a POTC boat. Now, not only can it drive forwards like normal, but as it does so the "motion base" the guests are sitting on can tilt to every angle. So when the vehicle goes down a small hill, it can tilt forward to make it seem like a much bigger hill. And if they Imagineers want to suggest the track is bumpy (like the temple corrdors of Indy), then it can tilt from side to side quickly and make it seem like a bumpy jeep.

I know all that! Was just trying to put it in very basic terms!!  :roll:

Miss Tinkerbell

Thanks for the basic explanation Bambi and the long explanation Baloo. l agree it would be a great idea for a narnia ride!!!