Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Lex

This might just get me into the crazy, money-draining pin-trading hobby. Once upon a time, I used to collect pins of all sorts, not just Disney pins, but that was before pin trading became what it is today!

casschr05

Quote from: "Agent Lex"This might just get me into the crazy, money-draining pin-trading hobby. Once upon a time, I used to collect pins of all sorts, not just Disney pins, but that was before pin trading became what it is today!

its a fun hobby though ;)

Javey74

Quote from: "casschr05"
Quote from: "Agent Lex"This might just get me into the crazy, money-draining pin-trading hobby. Once upon a time, I used to collect pins of all sorts, not just Disney pins, but that was before pin trading became what it is today!

its a fun hobby though ;)
Now this I can second, you get a few of them and that's it, your away... :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Our collection started with about 15 pins in 2007... :lol:

http://public.fotki.com/DisneyDavid/dis ... -badge-co/

casschr05

I got a reply to my e-mail
QuoteDear Guest
Thank you for your e-mail, we appreciate you taking the time to send your enquiry.  

Unfortunately, this item is not available through our Online Store and as we only hold information for queries regarding the online store, unfortunately, we are on this occasion unable to assist you further.  However, I can provide you with a telephone number of our Guest Relations department, who may be able to assist you further. The number is 0208 22 23 333.  

I am sorry that I could not be of more help on this occasion.

Kindest Regards
it was worth a try :(

Captain Pan

I've been a Pin Shopping in Caerdydd (Cardiff)

Today's Aquistations: Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen and Mickey & Friends.
These take my collection up to 4 not bad considering I only had my first one last week!

Nearly bought one of the two valentines ones (Lady and the Tramp, The Muppets: Kermit and Miss Piggy) but chose the Mickey and Friends one that just so happened to be the store last one!

Roll on online sales I will be getting a couple more to the arsenal so by Teaching practise alongside these little treasures I will have a variety of Pixar themed waistcoats (That is If I can get hold of the fabrics - although Duvet covers might be handy in that respect)

casschr05

The two valentine day pins are now available online!

This seems to mean that the 'Event Edition' pins are for holidays etc like valentines day and not Pin Trading events!

Truelove

This Pin trading thing is getting tempting. So far we've got 1 pin from DLRP which was given to my daughter when we waited for the parade in summer 2007 and she has treasured it since.

Once you've collected the pins how on earth do you decide which ones to trade or so ou buy 'doublers'?(i don't think I've used that word since primary school when I used to collect stickers from the newsagents and swap in school)

casschr05

Quote from: "Truelove"This Pin trading thing is getting tempting. So far we've got 1 pin from DLRP which was given to my daughter when we waited for the parade in summer 2007 and she has treasured it since.

Once you've collected the pins how on earth do you decide which ones to trade or so ou buy 'doublers'?(i don't think I've used that word since primary school when I used to collect stickers from the newsagents and swap in school)

Of course you don't have to swap ;)
What I tend to do is if I see a pin I like more than a pin on my lanyard I will ask to trade!!

Agent Lex

Went pin shopping myself today. I couldn't seem to find them in the Oxford Street store (which I found a little strange) but I did find them at Covent Garden.

Got myself Lightning McQueen, Buzz Lightyear and the Kermit/Piggy one. The Buzz one doesn't seem to be part of the "core range" pictured either, so I guess that's another trial one :)

Kermit and Piggy was £5, but unlike the Lady and the Tramp one, Kermit is raised on the pin. I guess that's where the price difference comes from, since it's also LE of 800.

Clarebelle

I have just done 90 mile round trip to my nearest Disney Store, in my brand new car, that I'm too scared to drive, to only be told that they dont sell them :evil:  :( and know nothing about them, she suggested buying online (they only have 2, and I cant buy "store exclusives" online can I? :( and I'm NOT paying nearly £5 P&P for an item that only costs £3 to start with :( im so mad right now
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Clarebelle

Quote from: "casschr05"
QuoteLady and the Tramp pin
Limited Edition????
the one in the 'heart'?

I didn't realise they had started to sell the new pins yet

Edit: There has been 2 pins released in the new range (both of the 'Event Edition' pins) which does include the lady and the tramp!

But only in 14 Disney Stores   :|

please Disney release the core pins in Disney Stores everywhere  [-o<

Which ones? is there a list on the website? I'm not going to waste my time and petrol again so I need to be sure i can get them

Also does anyone know who I can email concerning this matter?

casschr05

QuoteAlso does anyone know who I can email concerning this matter?

There have only been 2 releases so far
you can find the details on a fan blog at: http://disneypinstation.wordpress.com/2 ... tore-pins/

but basically it is the 2 valentine day pins which are available online
I e-mailed the Disney Store the other day and I got a response which is in an earlier post ^
it basically said that they wouldn't know because it concerns actual stores but said:
QuoteHowever, I can provide you with a telephone number of our Guest Relations department, who may be able to assist you further. The number is 0208 22 23 333.
so you could try that number

Clarebelle

thanks for the info but I refuse to buy online! im NOT paying £4.75 p&p on a pin badge that costs £3

What I really want to know is which stores are selling them, which arent, why they arent, and why our CM's im our Disneystore know nothing about them ggrrrrr!!!!

casschr05

Quote from: "Clarebelle"
What I really want to know is which stores are selling them, which arent, why they arent, and why our CM's im our Disneystore know nothing about them ggrrrrr!!!!
To be honest that is what I want to know as well
If there is only 800 they must be spread out very thinly so I wonder if it is only large stores  :(

I want to know if the core range will be in all stores and if not I will be very disappointed :(

Clarebelle

well it appears not, not unless our CM's are completely incompitant and had them in boxes in the stock room

In Norwich they had none, and no idea about them, and I wont be traveling to Cambridge unless I know for sure that they are selling them