Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casschr05

I have just seen some fantastic news about Pin Trading :)
Over the last few months Disney Store UK have been selling a small range of pins online and in London stores.
In January I noticed that a lot of the pins had sold out and didn't appear on the website. I asked a Disney Store Cast Member and she told me that it was a trial and it was popular. I didn't think about it anymore until I found a webpage on the official Disney Store webpage!

http://disneystore-shopping.disney.co.uk/pins.aspx

Here is what is says about Pin Trading:
QuoteThe Walt Disney Company has always offered collectible Disney pins in each of its Parks and Resorts around the world. In 1999 we introduced the tradition of Disney Pin Trading. Today, thousands of Guests trade pins with other Guests and Cast Members from around the world. This year, Pin Trading is coming to the Disney Store in the UK. Our Cast Members are busy getting a collection together so that they will soon be able to start trading with our Guests. You can start collecting pins online and in our stores very soon. We will be releasing new pins every month including Limited Editions and Online Exclusives. Why not start a collection yourself?

With the details of the initial range:

and the details of the first wave of Limited Edition pins:

as you can see the Limited Edition pins are in 3 category's!
Event Edition - part of Pin Trading events?
Online Edition - Only available online?
Limited Edition - available instore?

I personally think that this is great news :)
But I do not yet know when they will start selling the pins :(

Owain

This is great, i love pin trading although 75% of my pins are from WDW. Itll be great to be able to start collecting again here in the u.k !  :D

Javey74

I hope that means 'All' Disney Stores in the UK.. :wink:  :D

casschr05

Quote from: "Javey74"I hope that means 'All' Disney Stores in the UK.. :wink:  :D
I hope so too ;)
I think you will find pins in every store
(i doubt they would advertise 'store' pins online if they are only for London stores)
we will just have to wait and find out!

Masamune

:o It's not just London stores that have been selling the pins. The store here in Manchester has too, and I think I saw them at the store in The Trafford Centre a while back as well. :) I love the idea of pin trading being available here, as it would save me £3 if I were able to trade for a Disney Store UK pin that I wanted rather than buying it.

Captain Pan

Wendybird bought me the LAST Mickey Mouse one in Covent Garden's store last week...

and Now I've seen the Toy Story and WALL-E ones (I'm sure I remember seeing a Lightning McQueen one online) I want those ones... and the new chip and dale, and sorceror mickey... I'm going to have one for each day of teaching prac.... if i can get enough that is

casschr05

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Wendybird bought me the LAST Mickey Mouse one in Covent Garden's store last week...

and Now I've seen the Toy Story and WALL-E ones (I'm sure I remember seeing a Lightning McQueen one online) I want those ones... and the new chip and dale, and sorceror mickey... I'm going to have one for each day of teaching prac.... if i can get enough that is

I have the lightning McQueen pin in front of me :lol:
If  you see it online (and you want it) you should get it as there are trial pins and I doubt they will be on sale again (unless they come back in the future!)

I am curious about the 'LE: Event Edition' pins
is there going to be pin events say in Oxford Street??
some questions that need to be answered:
Q: Will we see the whole range in all stores or just a limited range in smaller stores
Q: How many pins will be released a month (like 1 -2 core pins)
Q: will they sell accessories like lanyards?
Q: Will all pins be character based?
Q: Prices (will they stick to £3 or increase it)?

:lol:

Adam

You could email mailto:service@disneystore.co.uk">service@disneystore.co.uk to see if they could answer your questions. I have previously asked them a question about an out of production DVD and they replied within a few days.

casschr05

thanks for the idea!
I am e-mailing them now and will share the reply in this topic!

Masamune

:D I picked up the Lady and the Tramp pin at the Manchester store today. :shock: It was only £3, even though it's Limited Edition of 800. :P I'm gonna go back and buy another on Wednesday if they still have them, so I can trade it for a Limited pin next time I go to DLRP.

casschr05

QuoteLady and the Tramp pin
Limited Edition????
the one in the 'heart'?

I didn't realise they had started to sell the new pins yet

Edit: There has been 2 pins released in the new range (both of the 'Event Edition' pins) which does include the lady and the tramp!

But only in 14 Disney Stores   :|

please Disney release the core pins in Disney Stores everywhere  [-o<

Captain Pan

Quote from: "casschr05"
QuoteLady and the Tramp pin
Limited Edition????
the one in the 'heart'?

I didn't realise they had started to sell the new pins yet

Edit: There has been 2 pins released in the new range (both of the 'Event Edition' pins) which does include the lady and the tramp!

But only in 14 Disney Stores   :|

please Disney release the core pins in Disney Stores everywhere  [-o<

They haven't started online yet! But I've already lined up my purchases when they return.

Toy Story
Mickey and Friends
Bolt
WALL-E
Tinks
Stitch (Both Versions)
Sorcerers Apprentice Mickey
Chip 'n' Dale
Lightning McQueen (If I can find one)
and any other Pixar Related ones.

casschr05

I just have to await the response to the e-mail I sent them  [-o<  [-o<

I hope they will sell a lanyard or 2 ;)

15MagicalYears

All my pins (with exception of one) are from WDW, I can't wait for the stores to start selling! My nearest store, isn't so near  :roll:  So i'll be online for me!  :D/

casschr05

I am excited by this as 15MagicalYears said above!
It now means we can add pins to our collection when not at Disney Parks and even get to trade!!
shame about the Disney Stores that are so far away from people :(