Do you have anything "Special" from disney?

Started by Nicholas-c, August 25, 2010, 06:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney_Dreamer

When I went for the 15th Anniversary, I bought a Disneyland Photo Album. It has all the DLRP photos that my family took when we were there - from 2004-2010. I hope to finish it if and when I go again to DLRP. It just helps me to remember the magic from when we there and I hope that even at university, the opening of the photo album can fill the room with all the disney magic present in the photos.

The pins I also bought this year at DL are special to me because most of them are my favourite disney characters.

Most people think that my obsession over disney and the disney parks is childish but they are a part of me. When I go to university, everything disney will be coming with me - the photo album, my pins, my black and white mickey mouse photo frames and they will keep me reminded of disneyland paris and every little bit of disney magic. :D

dagobert

I've just checked my Disney stuff, because after reading this topic I was interested in what is left of all the things.

Here are some pictures of the things I have found. The rest like WDW Dreamfastpasses, WDW and DLRP tickets and other things from the parks were used for the photo albums.

I also have Disneyland Paris catalogues from 2000 until now and some nice brochures from Adventures by Disney, Disney Vacation Club, Disney Wedding, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line and Disneyland, Disney College Programs or the World of Disney Stores. I got all these things during my time in the US.

SwipatronSparks

wow thats quite the impressive collection dagobert, i wish mine was as extensive as your is, esp the catalogues they would hav came in so handy lately with me trying to get my disney scrap book done...
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Timbo

Like everyone I have lots of maps , guides , books etc from Paris and the US parks , some going back years ! A huge collection of the Disney Magazine /Disney News ; and a lot of Paris preopening stuff , pins , Mickey hats , books etc , must photo it to add to the souvenir section !

RockNRoller

In 2002 on our first trip at Christmas I was very taken with the napkins at Caseys, all festive they were advertising the Christmas season so we had a few spare and one lives permanently in the zip up section of my suitcase and comes out every year with a cry of "Look remember this" as we pack for the next trip. We also have a set of place mats from HNY, just the paper ones they put out for breakfast but when we got home we had them laminated and now use them at breakfast ourselves
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

dagobert

Quote from: "RockNRoller"We also have a set of place mats from HNY, just the paper ones they put out for breakfast but when we got home we had them laminated and now use them at breakfast ourselves

That's a good idea. I wish I had that idea a few years back when we have been to WDW's Pop Century. One morning we got beautiful place mats, they featured the hotel with the fabulous five. Unfortunately I didn't take them with me, because I didn't know what to do with them.

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "RockNRoller"We also have a set of place mats from HNY, just the paper ones they put out for breakfast but when we got home we had them laminated and now use them at breakfast ourselves

omg that sounds like such a good idea!!!! i'm gonna have to copy off you  :P (if you dont mind of course)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019

upcoming trips....

_Natalie_x

Wow thats all such wonderful stuff !!  :)
I love how neat everything is too! Whenever i bring back leaflets and park maps etc they always get so crumpled in my bag !  Although i still have one on my wall to rememeber the trip :D x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

disney-dan

One of the coolest things I've got was given to me by my dad. He works in travel and was at the World Travel Market held in Orlando this year. Disney held an after hours party for the convention goers where everyone got a special ticket/pass on a lanyard with a lenticular hologram on the front and a list of activities and a menu on the back. It's very cool :D
Have a Magical day!!

DD

never2old

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Wow thats all such wonderful stuff !!  :)
I love how neat everything is too! Whenever i bring back leaflets and park maps etc they always get so crumpled in my bag !  Although i still have one on my wall to rememeber the trip :D x

I always take extra ones that I keep in the room, straight into the suitcase, so they make it back in good shape...  ;)

SwipatronSparks

i mentioned earlier in the thread about my disney scrap book... its still in progress but heres some piccys of it so far....

the front cover...

the first page

contents pages...

the resort at a glance...

disneyland park....

the studios...

hotels...

DLH...

places to eat....

on this pic (above, each land in the park has its own little page... im going to have one with the studios on it as well =]

ride counter for the next trip....

well thats it so far =] i will post more pictures as its completed more.... there will eventually be a page for each of the hotels like the one for the DLH, a ride counter for the studios and the rest of the pages in the book im going to use for photo's and a trip report so i can do my report while im there so its constanty nice in fresh in my mind and type it up when i get back =]

upcoming trips....

kelly.dylan

Your book looks great swipes! I might do something like that for us! If there is anything you want from the parks to put in it let me know and we can pick it up for you when we go in October!
Kelly x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"Your book looks great swipes! I might do something like that for us! If there is anything you want from the parks to put in it let me know and we can pick it up for you when we go in October!
Kelly x

oooh =] any halloween themed bits and bobs you know any kind of um... i dunno... palcemats... tissues you know free stuff that most people just get rid of would be great =] and if they have a halloween themed map i would be must greatful =] otherwise.... i have intentions of stocking up on stuff to go in it when i go myself =]

upcoming trips....

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"
Quote from: "kelly.dylan"Your book looks great swipes! I might do something like that for us! If there is anything you want from the parks to put in it let me know and we can pick it up for you when we go in October!
Kelly x

oooh =] any halloween themed bits and bobs you know any kind of um... i dunno... palcemats... tissues you know free stuff that most people just get rid of would be great =] and if they have a halloween themed map i would be must greatful =] otherwise.... i have intentions of stocking up on stuff to go in it when i go myself =]
Will try and pick you up some Halloween bits xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

SwipatronSparks

cool thanks kelly =] if you cant find anything its no worries because like i said i have every intention of stocking up when i get there anyway =]

upcoming trips....