Phantom Manor Closure

Started by PetiteSirene, July 31, 2010, 11:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetiteSirene

I apologise if this has been asked before but I couldnt see anything mentioning it... Does anyone know why Phantom Manor is having a 3 week refurb? I know when I went last year it had just opened after having a huge refurb with the new profections, it seems really soon to be closed again for so long...

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

davewasbaloo

This is pretty standard. It tends to close for 2 - 4 weeks a year, often in September. It is one of the most technically advanced attractions
since 2001 (many before that)

Gert

Or maybe something for Halloween. I hope so..

davewasbaloo

That has been a rumour for years. Like I say, this has been standard practice for 15 years at least. One year they did surprise us with a really cool light show on the Manor for the upcharge Halloween parties, so that could be happening.

But don't expect a Nightmare Overlay, it is very expensive and they would market it about 6 months in advance.
since 2001 (many before that)

claire2281

Yeah I think I read somewhere that there was a rumoured Nightmare Before Christmas upgrade being done to it just for Halloween but I doubt it somehow. The park has other things it needs and wants to spend money on.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Kristof

It's announced internally as annual refurbishment and replacement of carpet at entrance.  Sorry to disappoint.  :-|

luke85

Quote from: "Kristof"It's announced internally as annual refurbishment and replacement of carpet at entrance.  Sorry to disappoint.  :-|

I'm not disappointed, that carpet needs replacing :D hehe

PetiteSirene

Okay, thats fair enough. I'm a bit suprised though since this is going to be my thrid trip in September and its never been closed when we have gone in the past. Hope they dont close it when we go next September too :S its one of my fav rides!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

carrydee38

least the refurb will be done by the time I get there....I sooooo love this ride that and potc....

disneybear

Absolutely gutted! Closed the whole time we're there!

Reiana

Little one was dissapointed too, when i told her it will be closed during our visit in september  :(

Since she was brave enough last november to try this ride, she loved it and told me she would go to the "spooky house" again because it not that scary.

At least I hope ISAW remains open. It's one of her favourite rides to. It was closed last november because of the christmas overlay.

PetiteSirene

IASW isnt due for a refurb until November I think. The only closures I saw for September were Phantom Manor and Snow White. Hopefully there wont be any more... I love PM too :(

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

Disneylover13

at least it will be open for when i get there in november......its one of my fav rides next to btm,potc and bllb :P :)
Newport Bay May 2004 :)
Newport Bay Jan 2006 :)
Disneyland Hotel Jan 2008 :)
Cheyenne Jan 2009 :)
Newport Bay Nov 2010 :)
Hotel New York october 2011 :) )
Cheyenne june 2012 \":)\"

disneybear

Very jealous indeed! I plan to ride BTM and POTC twice as much as I usually would to make up for PM not being open! Gawwwwd, my friends are going to get tired of me pretty quickly...

PetiteSirene

This will be the second trip for me where PM was closed (the last one was for the HD update) On an upside it means I can get some good shots of the Manor without people in ;) lol

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia