Hidden Mickeys

Started by SwipatronSparks, July 23, 2010, 03:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwipatronSparks

how many of these are there hidden around DLRP, im curious cos im going in Janurary and im going with 2 younger (under 10) kinds and the rest of us big kids :P and i think it would be good fun to have a game amongst all of us to try and find them all, but i want to have a list of all of the hidden mickeys to look at after we have done the hunt so we know we have them all =]

any help would be much appreciated =]

(ps. i didnt find the hiddenDLRP website much help, too confusing for me to work aorund)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

ford prefect

There isn't really a definitive list. However try http://www.hiddenmickeysguide.com/catalog.php?id=81

This will give a pretty good guide
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "ford prefect"There isn't really a definitive list. However try http://www.hiddenmickeysguide.com/catalog.php?id=81

This will give a pretty good guide

thanks so much =] this will help great =] i will use this for making up the list and i see if theres any not listed that i know about myself =]

thanks again for the help =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019

upcoming trips....

_Natalie_x

I watched a video from a CM in America once talking about Hidden Mickeys :D
I think the list in endless to be honest !!
She ended the video with a lovely thought.. "if it looks like a Hidden Mickey to you, then it is"
oooh made me feel all Disney, :D   hope you enjoy the hunt !! :D xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

tubbsy

My DH has downloaded an ipod app for DLP for Hidden Mickeys! :D To say my 7 year old is pleased is an understatement. There are only a few but it'll keep him happy as we look for them

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

PetiteSirene

I love Hidden Mickey hunting. Sometimes you can get tips from cast members if they know you are looking, we found the ones in the Emporium that way. There are hidden mickeys in all kinds of unexpected places and of course on the rides. Some are really in your face and others are so subtle you have to really look to find them. Theres also the factor that it depends on the season. We found loads at Christmas that wouldnt have been there at other times. I've found too many to count off the top of my head  :-k Good Hunting though! I'll be looking for more in my next trip!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

fairymom

Look out for "temporary" Hidden Mickeys too. When we had breakfast in Plaza Gardens, my son was delighted to spot the Hidden Mickeys on the highchairs. The CM doing the reception pointed out her own Hidden Mickey that she had created. On the table in the porch she had put out a bowl of cereal and 2 glasses with cereal in them for the ears.  :thumbs:
Also at breakfast in SL, the CM's write the number of people at the table on the tablecloth with a marker and draw a Hidden Mickey around the number.

Even look at things like the bedspreads in the hotel - SL had teeny tiny Hidden Mickeys on them that my son spotted. He was all about the Hidden Mickeys on our trip!

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "tubbsy"My DH has downloaded an ipod app for DLP for Hidden Mickeys! :D To say my 7 year old is pleased is an understatement. There are only a few but it'll keep him happy as we look for them

gah! that sounds like such a good idea, but alas i have a ipod nano video and so no apps, and with no one who is going on this trip in posession of a iphone/ipod touch we couldnt get that..... aah well have to wait and see what christmas brings... i have been asking for an ipod touch maybe it will show up =]

did he have to pay for the app or was it free?

upcoming trips....

_Natalie_x

I think you have the pay for the app but they are never that expensive :)  I cant believe i stayed at the SL last summer and never looked at the bedsheets closer!! :(  I think i remember a hidden mickey on our table at breakfast though.. but i never thought of it like that !  
next visit im HM hunting ;) <3
Here we are... <3[/b]

sophie-th

I didn't really know where to post these two photos.... I was in Disneyland last week and I think a found a hidden mickey. It was while I was waiting for my friends to come of the Aerosmith Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. I was just looking at the lights floating around and there he was... if anyone can tell me how to add a photo I will post it so you can see for yourself.
[size=150]"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy!"[/size]

Martyn

I remember reading about hidden Mickeys years ago. DLP should hand out a list to guests!

_Natalie_x

Sophie_th , you have to add the photo to photobucket, then from there you save the IMG code from the image, then you just paste that into here :):):)   im sure it was a hidden mickey, i watched this youtube video on it once, and the lady finished the video with "if it looks like a hidden mickey to you, then it is" :D <3 well done for finding it!! hehehe xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Timbo

There are some new hidden mickeys in the wallpaper that has just been put up in the corridors of the DLH ! ,  It is the area around the shops .
I don't think the mickey drawn on the bill at breakfast is really considered a hidden mickey , it is usually someting not obvious , or a subtle arrangement of items that make a mickey shape , do a drawing of Mickey is quite easy to see !!!!!!!!!

sophie-th

Thank you Natalie for the information on how to add photos.... I'll give it a try and post them as soon as I can!

Here goes...

Well I hope this turns our correctly...
This first picture is while I was waiting for my friends to finish their ride on Aerosmith. If you look carefully at the lights on the wall you can see what I think is a hidden Mickey. :D

This second picture is not actually a hidden Mickey but I had to show you... We were walking towards the main building in the hotel Santa Fe to have breakfast and on our way we noticed this Mickey shape in the snow... !!!! You can imagine my surprise when I saw it...

[size=150]"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy!"[/size]

_Natalie_x

Aw they are adorable!!! :D:D:D love the snow one thats so cute!   if i was in paris in the winter i would do this everywhere to make people smile -_- did you have a fantastic trip?? x
Here we are... <3[/b]