Wouldn't it be good if...?

Started by carrydee38, July 01, 2010, 08:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carrydee38

Last time we stayed in the disneyland hotel we were a bit disappointed to find that none of the disney channels were in english....which when considering what you pay to stay there a channel in english would be great. But later on when I was discussing this with my daughter we thought wouldnt it be great if they had a channel that showed all the old classics as in snow white etc...so that when you come back after a great day in the park and you want to have a little relax you could watch some of the best classics ever....what do you think??

tubbsy

Thats very strange you didnt haave an Englsih Disney channel. Was there a technical problem?
But yes, I love your idea-sitting down to watch the princesses or Robin Hood :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Disney_Dreamer

That is strange cause all the times I have stayed in DLRP in hotels New York and New Port Bay, there has been an english disney channel but you just have to be patient when flicking through the channels. I also agree that it would be a good idea if you could watch the classic movies and old disney channel shows as it would be a nice way to end the day and it shows that you are experiencing and in the disney magic.

carrydee38

have had the english channels in the newport bay and cheyenne and santa fee but there was no english channel in the Disneyland Hotel and for the price that you pay there well an english channel would be great.  When I asked at reception was told that for some strange reason they dont have the rights to the english disney channel but when i said i stayed at other hotels in resort and they had english channel unfortunately i just got a shrug of shoulders...dont get me wrong love the hotel .....maybe a suggestion for furture that they should show the films surely they must have rights to that.....what do you think

smurfy74

we had an english disney channel in the dineyland hotel, but it wasnt working the first day we were there, did you go in March by anychance?

carrydee38

no it was january time

Sulley

We had an English Disney channel in the Santa Fe last year.

They should show the old movies though as Hannah Montanna and the Jonnas brothers are not my cup of tea :(.

Laura678

In all the times I have stayed in a Disney hotel we have had the Disney Channel in English in our room... However on our most recent trip in mid-June there was no English Disney Channel... There was however an English Playhouse Disney Channel...
We would have preferred the regular Disney Channel though :(
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

claire2281

I wonder if it's something to do with the reception in individual rooms because when I stayed at Davy Crockett and Disneyland Hotel I had the English Disney Channel but when I stayed in the Cheyenne this March I didn't  :?:
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

carrydee38

ya it seems weird but when your after paying for such a 5 star quality hotel an english channel would have been nice...always have english channel when we stayed at all the other hotels....but still think that be nice to have your classic channel showing the greats as snow white lion king beauty and beast...

-breeno-

Quote from: "carrydee38"ya it seems weird but when your after paying for such a 5 star quality hotel an english channel would have been nice...always have english channel when we stayed at all the other hotels....but still think that be nice to have your classic channel showing the greats as snow white lion king beauty and beast...
Disneyland Hotel is only 4 star, along with Hotel New York.  The rest are either 3 star (Newport Bay and Sequoia Lodge) or 2 star (Hotel Santa Fe, Hotel Cheyenne and Davy Crockett Ranch).

It is odd you didn't get an English channel, out of all the hotels I have stayed in the resort (Newport Bay, Santa Fe, Cheyenne and Sequoia Lodge multiple times, New York once) we have received an English channel in everyone one every year.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Kristof

Did you check with the reception why there wasn't an English channel?

Clara2141

In Feb this year at the Cheyenne we had English speaking Disney Channel in our room - admittedly the sound jumped but it was there. Plus BBC World.

I think the idea of a Classics channel is brilliant though.
Sequoia Lodge - July 1997
Santa Fe - July 2001
Day Trip - Sept 2009
Cheyenne - Feb 2010

Santa Fe - Nov 2010
Santa Fe - Feb 2011

I\'ve imagined being here like this so many times before, reaching out to take your hand as the butterflies in me soar

carrydee38

Quote from: "Kristof"Did you check with the reception why there wasn't an English channel?

yes I did check with reception and was told "that they didnt have the rights for the english disney channel".  Which seemed very strange as have stayed in all the hotels in the resort bar the sequioa and had english channel.  I thought well this is the Disneyland hotel which is a 5 star hotel and well your in disney surely they have the rights to english disney...but hey  it did not ruin my stay as it is the most magical hotel ever...but I would like to suggest that they do a movie channel of classics as surely they have the rights to that.... :D/