favourite disneyland memory

Started by fly_with_me_dumbo, August 02, 2006, 08:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fly_with_me_dumbo

It would be really interesting to know everybody's all time favourite memory at disneyland. Mine was when i got picked to dance in the parade in the little mermiad part, not many people can say i've danced in the disneyland paris parade!  :pluto:

Anthony

Well I can't beat dancing in the parade...

I remember walking down Main Street on the night I arrived at the resort in Christmas 2004 was breathtaking.  It was the first year the castle was lit up, and the Lights of Winter were still there.  Snow swirling through the air, christmas trees on town square, colourful lights everywhere... it was incredible.  And then we avoided the Fantillusion crowds to ride BTM, Indy and POTC almost 3 times each, in the dark.  Amazing. :o

Second favourite might be April this year, the opening weekend of Laser Blast, since I'd never seen that kind of event in DLRP before.  I guess it is quite a rare occasion for DLRP, an attraction opening... :wink:

fly_with_me_dumbo

wow, i would love to go at christmas :mickey2:

Fantillusion

Mine is from my first visit in 1999, I only went because I was forced and I came out stunned. It wasnt till my second visit 2001 that I became a fan!
Well back to 1999, I was just standing along by castle stage and I could see crouds . I didnt have a clue what it was as we payed no attention to the guide map and suddenly Dancin a catchy rythym came on and here came a huge steamboat willie float. I was so happy it was unbelievable seening this huge spectacular parade. The only parades I had seen before were the rubbish county fairs! The atmosphere then was great, both in the park and in the disney village. I also loved seeing tinkerbell flying up to  the castle in Tinkerbells Fantasy in the Sky. Wishes is great and all but I miss my dear fantasy in the sky!

Thanks
Fanti
-Craig

fly_with_me_dumbo

that fireworks display was amazing, i liked it when they did the fireworks along to the hunch back music when it was the 5 year anniversary.

Fantillusion

Would anyone know where to get a video of tinks fantasy in the sky.

Thanks
Fanti
-Craig

Dlrpfan

Well my first memory was in 1998 when i remember looking up main street and seeing the castle for the first time and thinking wow i am here

Secoundly rushing round both the parks in only 2 days during xmas 2005, but seeing all  the xmas decoration

BTW Fantillusion i will try and have a look for a fantasy in the sky video for you today
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Fantillusion

thanks (I Liked it as much as I liked wishes)

Fanti
-Craig

Patrick

My favourite moment at dl, hmm too many to name :lol: .

Probably my favourite was my first ride on Space Mountain De La Terre A La Lune, when I was forced onto it by some friends in August 2000, remember getting such a thrill by standing in the star way, and boarding the trains and blasting off in a way I never had before on a roller coaster :D , oh how I miss De La Terre A La Lune :( .

One of my other favourite moments was last August when I met up with Raptor and Flor to watch the wwodp, my first ever time seeing the parade for real was great, so many dancers and everything.  Since then I have been completely fixated by the entertainment in DLRP as much as the attractions :) .

Also Fantillusion just to let you know I have a video downloaded from this site of Tink's Fireworks, I could upload it from my laptop to my server if you want.

Fantillusion

Thanks Patmagic

Is it just me or has the atmosphere around village changed for the worst. I dont mean the decor (no pylons) but the whole atmosphere had changed in july compared to my prior vists. 1999 ,2001
-Craig

Masamune

:D My best Disney memory is from April 2005... :) going to Disneyland was my 18th birthday present from my mum!

Anyway, on the last day in the park, it got to about 7:30pm, and the park was closing at 8pm...we were right at the back of Fantasyland, and rather than going straight down the middle to get out, we thought it would be good to avoid the crowds and take the long way round...so we started heading towards It's a Small World...

:shock: And that's when we saw it... >.> well, who... :o Eeyore, Mr Penguin, Mary Poppins and Bert! And about 6 other characters! They were all dancing around near the area beside It's a Small World where there's a gate leading back stage! And the great thing about it was that there was only about 20 other people there! 10 characters divided by only 20 people = major one-on-one time with characters! I got my pic taken with Eeyore, Tigger, Mr Penguin, the Queen of Hearts, Mary Poppins and Bert, Prince John and Friar Took! And I got all their autographs too, plus Minnie's and Gadget's! It was really awesome...Friar Took grabbed me and started swinging me around for a dance, and me and my mum were chatting to Mary Poppins and Bert (:lol: the guy playing Bert said he was from Bristol), and I got a big sandwich hug from the cuddliest characters (Eeyore and Mr Penguin) at the same time!

:) It was brilliant, so I'd say that that is definatly my best Disney moment...

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "Fantillusion"Is it just me or has the atmosphere around village changed for the worst. I dont mean the decor (no pylons) but the whole atmosphere had changed in july compared to my prior vists. 1999 ,2001

yea i agree with you there it is just missing something now, not as lively. DLRP really need to sort something out there

wow Masamune that sounds so cool! i remember while on the train that tweedle dee and tweedle dumb was on there wat back stage behind fantasyland and the train went by them and so they waved. but i had never seen them before
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Fantillusion

I can remember some sort of stage with live music not some cheap sounding Disney Village Radio
-Craig

fly_with_me_dumbo

Yeah we went round the back once aswell, and we found pinochio on his own, so he grabbed me and started dancing, thats another good memory

this photo was taken in 1997

Masamune

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"wow Masamune that sounds so cool! i remember while on the train that tweedle dee and tweedle dumb was on there wat back stage behind fantasyland and the train went by them and so they waved. but i had never seen them before
:D Mhm, it was great...

:lol: Another good Disney memory was at the Disney Village... :wink: some fit magician had started performing on the stage just as we got there...OMG he was so handsome... ;o; and towards the end of his act he made snow out of paper and the music from Edward Scissorhands was playing!