St davids welsh festival 3/6/2010 (Photos now added)

Started by disneyrules, April 05, 2010, 07:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyrules

Hi sorry im late posting my trip report i didnt have enough time and i only had time to post smaller posts.
I went to disneyland resort paris for a school trip i had to get to my school at quarter to twelve and i arrived earlier at about half past 10 i was really excited so i got my parents to go earlier so i wasnt late.
We left my school at about 12.15am. we then travelled on the bus to dover and arrived at dover at about 7.00 we made a few stops on the way.

The white cliffs of Dover.

We were on the ferry for about a hour and a half and arrived in Calais early im not sure what the proper time was though. Once in calais we went round a french village in boulogne, I thought ut was very nice and they buildings look lovely. We then went for a meal in resturant called james.

Some Buildings In boulonge

We then left boulogne and then we drove to paris for a tour round the paris sights. We got out to see the eiffel tower and it was amazing.  
 The Eiffel Tower

Arc de triomphe

The lourve

A fountain

obelisk

After the tour round paris we checked in at our hotel. We were meant to go to a hypermarket but we did not have time. The hotel was great it was a Novotel hotel we all had to go to bed at about 11pm I went to bed straight away as i was very tired because i didnt sleep on the bus at all. We had to get up at 7.30am.
I got up early at about 6.00 it was probably the excitment!
We had our breakfast and then checked out of our hotel and drove to disneyland. Me and my friend started looking out of the windows to see the signs for disney.[img][img]
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

disneyrules

We arrived at disney  at about 11 oclock.

We decided to go straight to the studios.

We got to the entrance and the cast member told us we could only go to either the studios or the main park because our school didnt buy the park hopper passes (we all thought we did.) We decided to go to the main park as it has more rides and things to do.

The disney hotel :)

We looked round main street and saw minnies party train has started so we watched that.

Sleeping Beautys Beautiful Castle  :D  :thumbs:

Minnies Party Train

I enjoyed the parade and i was very happy i could watch as soon as i entered the park  :D/

Then we went to frontierland and rode big thunder mountain the queue was about 55mins and i really enjoyed the ride allthough it was one of my friends first rollercoaster and she held my arm on it but she loved it.  :thumbs:

The next ride was phantom manor and the queue was 30 mins i really loved this ride and when i went to disney when i was younger it was my favourite ride. The effects were great and very spooky  8)

Next we headed to adventure land and went to ride indiana jones. The queue was around an hour i cant remember it properly. I loved this ride it was the first time i went on it because it was closed when i first went it was my favourite ride of the trip. I sat by another friend and it was her first looping coaster to and she loved it.

We wanted to go on pirates of the carribean but it broke down. :cry:

Indianna jones and the teple of peril  :D

After indiana jones we went for something to eat at caseys corner i had a hot dog coke and chips and i thought it all tasted lovely.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

disneyrules

I really enjoyed my day in disneyland paris except for the queues. One thing that did dissapont me was that some ofthe rides and buildings are looking abit rundown and the paint looks faded on some rides like the mad hatters tea cups.
[/size]

Annet

Wow an hour queue on Indiana Jones?
Longest I've ever queued for that was 10 minutes, in weekends and midsummer...

Glad you enjoyed your trip! My school never had trips like that :P

disneyrules

Quote from: "Annet"Wow an hour queue on Indiana Jones?
Longest I've ever queued for that was 10 minutes, in weekends and midsummer...

Glad you enjoyed your trip! My school never had trips like that :P

I am not a 100% sure the queue was for an hour but i remember we did queue for a really long time.
[/size]

disneyrules

After the food we had a nice walk through fantasyland.

Next we went to space mountain next so we got there and the queue was 120 mins so we decided to come back when the queue had gone down. So we walked round discoveryland and walked back to the castle.

We saw people getting ready the watch the Once upon a dream parade so we decieded to went to look for a good spot. We found a good spot by the entrance to discoveryland we were right in front so there was no one blocking our view.  :thumbs:  =D>
at the start of the parade  there was a car decorated for the welsh festival and mickey and minnie were in traditional welsh costume.

After that the parade started i was really impressed it was the first time i saw the parade as it was the princess parade when i last went.  

The parade was amazing. The floats looked great and they really paid attention to the tiny little details which made it look so great :thumbs:  :D  and the dancers were very impressive.  

After the parade we went to sleeping beautys castle to see the dragon - which looked very good and realistic. [-o<

After the parade we decided to see if the queue went down for space mountain. As we were walking to space mountain my friend said that somebody tried to grab her camera but she pulled it away. I didnt see it happen but i know she wouldnt lie about something like that. Luckily the queue had gone down to 45 mins i was really happy about that so we queued for the ride and it was briliant. I have only been on the original space mountain.

After space mountain it was about 7.00pm so we went round the shops we didnt have time for any more rides because we were meeting our teachers at 8.00pm.

In the shops i bought two mugs a dopey one and a grumpy one, a minnie mouse plush and a keyring all of these were gifts for people. For me i bought a 2010 photo ablum, some postcards, a mickey mouse cup and a pin. I would have bought more i gave some of my money to my teacher because i didnt want to lose it, i was meant to text her if i wanted the money back but another teacher got the tet and said they didnt know were she was :!:  so i couldnt get anymore money :(  So all the other stuff i wanted to get i will bye if i go again :)

We meet the teachers at about ten to eight and we went back to the bus. Driving away from disneyland was very sad for me and i really miss it and i wish i could have stayed longer.

We got the eurotunnel back and we arrived at my school at about six in the morning. I was very tierd and i couldnt wait to go to sleep  :D  ;)
[/size]