Photos Magiques DLP news report: 23-28 March 2010

Started by Kristof, March 29, 2010, 01:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

News photos from the past week from our two stays (23-25 and 27-28 March).

Let's just get started, there's lots to report!

Disneyland Park

Press event

Lots of things happening on Saturday for the new generation festival press event.  The gazebo was hosting the Princess Tiana photo location for celebrities.  Below are a UK girl group The Saturdays and Belgian singer and Flemish voice of Princess Tiana, Sandrine.

The Disneyland Hotel lobby was decorated with oversized toys and New Generation character suitcases.

Disney new generation festival

The Main Street Station decorations in close-up.

Boot Hill
One of the wooden graves (the saloon doors) is entirely missing.

Main Street Station

The Organ located in Main Street Station has been returned recently after a long refurbishment.  A nice effect has returned as well with it.  Organ music once again plays (not from the actual organ though) when a train arrives in the station.

Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant

The refurbishment of the Sleeping Beauty Castle bridge was finished on Friday, one week later than scheduled.  Most parts of the bridge are now made of real stone, instead of concrete, making it unnecessary to paint as the stone will keep its colour.  Note the benches have been removed.

It appears some work has been done on the lighting behind the main glass window as the different colours in the window stand out better, instead of being one washed out white spot.

Mad Hatter's Teacups

The Mad Hatter Teacups canopy was undergoing a planned maintenance.  All small lights on the canopy have been removed for replacement.  A repaint of the rotating platform is planned as well.

The Old Mill

The Old Mill is living up to its name with rotten wood all over.  The mill wings were not turning.

Walt Disney Studios Park

Disney Studio 1

The refurbishment of the Disney Studio 1 façade appears to have really started.  Workers were spotted last week painting the large number 1, which has now been covered up by white scaffolding.

Toon Studio Merchandise Kiosk

The Toon Studio merchandise kiosk located in front of Animagique has mysteriously disappeared.  A mobile cart is now located on where it used to be. (This photo was taken during the week, it was open on Saturday and Sunday).

Toy Story Playland

A bunch of Toy Story Playland photos.  Notice the Domino block in the last photo.  These blocks will form a low wall on one side of the Land.

Restaurant changes

Management is currently testing a new system for the restaurants.  The menu's are being simplified by using simple names (menu 1, menu 2, ...) and the number of actual tables is being reduced.

Disney Village

Earl of Sandwich

The Rainforest Café sign on the side of the building has been removed.

Convention Tent

The large white convention tent, once build to host the failed DJ Bobo concert series is currently being dismantled.  

There you go!  Keep an eye out on Photos Magiques for photos of the big press opening show and a full video of it.  :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"The Organ located in Main Street Station has been returned recently after a long refurbishment.

It appears some work has been done on the lighting behind the main glass window...

The Mad Hatter Teacups ... A repaint of the rotating platform is planned as well.

The refurbishment of the Disney Studio 1 façade appears to have really started.

The large white convention tent, once build to host the failed DJ Bobo concert series is currently being dismantled
Oh, it just gets better and better!! =D>

pussinboots

Who the devil is DJ Bobo?

Anyway, yay on the castle. I'll have to book a trip now just for that window.

And the Teacups really do need a lick of paint and some new light bulbs — probably more than anything else in the park right now. So excellent news indeed.

dagobert

Quote from: "pussinboots"Who the devil is DJ Bobo?

DJ Bobo is a Swiss Singer and he was very successful during the 90s in Europe. I don't like his music, but he had some good dance moves in his shows.

Thanks for the update, Kristof. Good to see that Disney is maintaining the resort.
Hopefully the refurbishment of the Studio 1 billboard is really happening now.

In February the mill wings were turning, but the rotten wood really needs some attention.

The castle bridge looks great, do you know why they removed the benches? They also removed the railing behind the benches. I think they are not necessary any more with the benches gone.

davewasbaloo

In the main, it sounds good (though I can't believe how much they cheapened the DLH for this festival).

I wonder if the benches will find their way back to the bridge, they are such a lovely place to take a load off.
since 2001 (many before that)

CafeFantasia

Fantastic report Kristof. Thanks for bringing us all these updates and photos.

It seems there are quite a few positive things happening at the resort: new stone bridge for the castle, dismantling of ugly convention tent, construction of Earl of Sandwich and work on the Studio 1 facade. Good times.

luke85

Thanks for the resort Kristof. I'm so pleased they're planning on cleaning up the platform of the Mad Hatter's Tea Cups! I hope Dumbo's awning is next on the list :D

The castle bridge is looking great, as is the stained glass window. As others have said, I also hope the benches return to the bridge soon.

Aveen2008

The Orance Rc track looks scary to me, I think I will scream just looking at it when I see it in action! lol :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

SophieD

Thank you for the update Kristof!!
The bridge looks so much better now it has real stone as opposed to concrete :D and the lighting for the stained glass window is so much better!
The Old Mill looks like its in need of some TLC!

I cannot wait to see all the Press videos and photos for the offical launch :)
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

ICHAPMAN

QuoteThe Disneyland Hotel lobby was decorated with oversized toys and New Generation character suitcases.

As these are mentioned in the 'Press Event' section of the report,  are a fixture for the festival, or were they just for the press event?.    

Iain

Owain

Great trip report kristof !  :D

I love how DLP are focusing so much on maintenance these days, real step forward  :)

bigrossco

do you think the dismantle of the tent could be to get ready for the building of expansion to DLP Village? looks hopefull
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

CentralPlazaPerson

Great photos Kristof! Great to see the organ back and refurbished. Shame about the old mill and the boot hill grave.
Toy Story Playland is looking good.

tubbsy

I can remember Steph riding the old mill back in 2001. Its so sad to see it like this :( . But otherwise its all looking great and I am getting excited for my visit-although I am with Aveen and will be stood watching RC screaming! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "tubbsy"I can remember Steph riding the old mill back in 2001. Its so sad to see it like this :( . But otherwise its all looking great and I am getting excited for my visit-although I am with Aveen and will be stood watching RC screaming! :D
:lol:  I actually can't wait for RC Racer to open! The parachute drop looks more scary in my opinion  :|