Disneyland Paris discovers Facebook, Twitter, YouTube

Started by Anthony, March 26, 2010, 06:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eeyore_fan

Yay!! :D/  :D/  
And well done DLP.  =D>

I must say the videos of the resort are good on YouTube. It allows us to actually see how beautiful the resort really is and not just photoshopped images.

Lets hope they keep this up.
"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn\'t go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."  - Walt Disney

Soap

Wow, DLRP stepping into the 21 century! :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

The updates are bit uninspiring so far though, posting those badly photoshopped NGF images and calling them "the first photos". It's clear they're having trouble with the languages on Facebook. Maybe it'd have been better to have separate French and English versions?

The YouTube channel also looks too much like their Casting channel, with those cheap "It's Only Magical... but I like it" (what's that even a pun on?!) videos and weird things like Business Solutions that don't really belong in the public channel... although there is this one real gem:

[youtube:gz9sg0sb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa4emGWUJuY[/youtube:gz9sg0sb]
Eisner was such a goof... :lol:

dagobert

That's a great video.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think the castle looks better with the old colour scheme. It's not as pink as it is today.

JelleP

The videos on YouTube are great! I especially like the last two videos (the tours through the Disneyland park and the Walt Disney Studios :D)

Great job DLP!
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Adam

At last! Hopefully, they will use them properly and they will be useful.

dlrpkris

Can't believe I'm about to say this - but look at those curtains! They're massive! They really did go all-out with EDL
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

HildeKitten

Their tweets are protected, not very useful if you want to follow them.
I hope they'll unloc them once the page is no longer under construction.

Anthony

Oh I'm sure they will. The Disney_ParisFR account was protected until it launched last week.

They're already following @magicforum, DLRPMagic and Souvenirland. :)

luke85

I like that video, it's great to see the castle with its original colouring. I'm glad that DLP is following us on Twitter already!

Anthony

I find it weird that DLP have asked on both Facebook and Twitter now: "1 Day/1 parc or 1 Day/2 parks? What ticket would you recommand for a family visiting Disneyland Paris for the first time?"

Is there no longer option? So much for getting people to stay more than a day!

Most of the comments have put them right: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 0&comments

CafeFantasia

It's an interesting question.

When French people think about visiting Disneyland Paris for the day, in my experience, they want to visit both parks (1 Day/2 Parks). But they still consider it a day trip, not something you go to for two days in a row. They assume you can cover both parks in one day, which is pretty ridiculous. So you end up having one extremely hectic day, feeling very rushed, and you leave feeling like you've missed something.

In my opinion, that's not the way to do Disneyland. You should choose one park, and stick to it, so that you have a complete, consistent experience.

Alexander

In my opinion, so far their Facebook endeavour is a "fail". Especially the German ones. How dare they drag the characters down to such a level.
Life is different.

Anthony

It was a bit strange that the @Disney_ParisEN and @Disney_ParisFR accounts tweeted about the financial report yesterday. That doesn't really seem like the kind of news you'd share with customers/fans.

I also had to stop following @DisneylandParis on my own twitter because they kept asking inane questions and then retweeting everyone's answers. So far they've got the accounts but don't seem to have the resources that a huge company like this should (and probably does) have to provide worthwhile updates and features.